Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leisure Bay heating problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Leisure Bay heating problem

I've had this Leisure bay g2 tub for almost 10 years. The tub won't heat the water. I replaced the old element with a new one. The heat light on the top side control is lit, and both pumps are running properly,but the water isn't heating. I'm not measuring any voltage with my multimeter on the leads to the heater,but the supply to the board is measuring 240. The leads to the heater are showing 15.7 ohms of resistance. Does this mean the board is bad and needs to be replaced? If so, is it best to replace the board or go with a new control system like the one here?
    http://www.spapartsn...stems-a/310.htm

My concern with the new control system is having the plumbing match up, as the current heater tube sits on top of the control Box, but the replacement has it going through the bottom. I have some experience doing pvc plumbing with my pool, but I haven't ever messed with any of the hot tub plumbing. Any guidance or assistance is greatly appreciated.
    24 ft Round Above Ground - 13500 gallons... Former Pool Frog user. Sand filter . Located just South of Atlanta

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leisure Bay heating problem

There is a relay somewhere that turns the heater on and off, presumably somewhere on the main control board. It seems likely that the relay is failing to close and thus not sending power to the heater. Those relays can usually be replaced without replacing the entire control board.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Is it similar to a relay that's found in a car? As far as it's unplug the old, and plug in the replacement?

24 ft Round Above Ground - 13500 gallons... Former Pool Frog user. Sand filter . Located just South of Atlanta

4. Back To Top    #4

Normally yes. I am not familiar enough with Leisure Bay to be sure they do it that way, but nearly all tub companies socket the relays.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll research and see what I can find.

6. Back To Top    #6

uploadfromtaptalk1426605558565.jpg

This is the board that's in the tub. Would the black boxes with the yellow tube shapes inside be the relays?

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, the mostly yellow parts are the relays