My pump suddenly stopping pumping over night. The pump will not prime. Since then I have rebuilt the pump with a go kit which did not help.
1. Occasional air bubbles coming out of returns. Overnight this because no flow out of returns.
2. If I put my hand in the skimmer all the way down to the bottom I cannot feel a suction.
Things I have tired:
1. Rebuilt pump with go kit- did not help
2. Drain king from the skimmer side- just a trickle of water coming out at the pump
3. Plumbed the pump suction into a large bucket full of water and opened the pump discharge so that I could see the flow.- Lots of water flowing from the pump
4. Connected the suction plumbing back up and watched the flow from the pump.- Barely anything coming out of the discharge
5. Connected a 6.5hp shop vac to the suction line and blow through back into the skimmer.- It takes a minute or so but I end up with lots of bubbles. It looks like a hot tub in the skimmer. No debris coming out though. I did this once before rebuilding the pump with the same result.
6. I have run water over the pump filter and connections with the pump running to check for air leaks. -No change in pump performance.
Please help. Not sure what else to check here. I appreciate it