Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Procedure on Sale of Home/Pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, Texas

Procedure on Sale of Home/Pool?

This may been obvious to some, but I'm selling my home (with my in-ground pool) later this month and is there a standard process for turning over the pool to the new owners? I've saved all of the equipment manuals, plaster instructions from the mfg, and proof of purchase for the one item that is under warranty. I also will leave them with a print-out of a borates discussion from this forum.

Because I very likely will never own another pool (no room at the new patio home) I'll leave behind any left over chemicals, brushes, net and my DIY cooling fountains. Is there a suggested protocol to hand over an in-ground pool to a new owner? Of course, I know I'm not required to do anything, but that just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.
    9,200 gal. Gunite Luna Quartz French Grey pool with spill over spa, two fountains on tanning ledge (rarely used)
    Pentair Whisperflo 2HP, Pentair CCP Cartridge 420 Sq. Ft., Polaris 280 with booster pump
    Pentair EasyTouch 4, RayPak LoNox 266k Natural Gas heater, Aqua Rite SWCG T Cell 9, Borates, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Procedure on Sale of Home/Pool?

You are correct that there is not a requirement for you to do anything.
    You could certainly offer to meet with them and give them a little tutorial on how everything works ... and of course point them to the forum at a minimum
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!