Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Have a simple question

1. Back To Top    #1

Rivas, Nicaragua

Have a simple question

Have a brand new ALL MOSAIC TILE pool. the water has been in for three days. I ave all the parameters in the correct range but for the TA being a bit high. I presume it will be normal for this go trend a bit high as well as the ph tends to drift up each of the three days because of the special quikset between the tiles for a while?

Just lower the ph and "aerate"? Meaning fluff/churn up the water?
    Warren in Rivas, Nicaragua
    10,000 Gallon all mosaic tile pool- Whisperflo 2 speed 1.5hp - Pentair CC plus 420sf - Polaris 280 - 2 Intellibrite LED - 2 Intellibrite LED bubbler - 4 Jandy deck jet - 1 sheer descent - no automation - autofill - K-2006 test kit - pool deck 540sf - porch attached to pool deck -740 sf - My build thread

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Have a simple question

Aerate means anything that mixes the water with the air. Your bubbler, sheer descent and deck jet will all help. pH may rise quickly with that stuff running.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

Re: Have a simple question

Hi MrNica,
    Just reinforcing what JohnT said. your water features should aerate the water nicely. Keep an eye on your PH, and adding the acid will also lower the TA.

The quickset Im sure is probably contrubuting, that that part of it should settle down probably within a month I would think.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!