stone venear vs. porcelain tile (that looks like wood)

Nov 13, 2013
Pearland, TX
Both stone and tile vary in price quite a bit. The comparison can come out either way depending on which specific choices you make of each. That said, tile is usually a little less expensive, but they both vary so much that it all comes down to your specific choices.

I would go look at Houzz and just general Google Images for outdoor spaces that have used it. I think it's a neat concept, but very specific. I could see it making an outdoor space "feel" more like an indoor space. If that is what you were looking to do, then it may fit the bill. I'd definitely take the effort do a dry run with it first if you are able get a few boxes that could be returned if you decided you didn't like it.

And you know the deal. If you do it, post pictures.

Good luck!
plat.

I will say... tile is way cheaper than real stacked stone veneer. I paid about $5.50 per sq ft for the straight stone and $5.95 per square ft for pre-made corners made by MSI stone products. The stacked stone products I saw at Decor & More (where you linked to) were garbage. Very unnatural looking and the bonding glue was all over the fronts of every piece. Very poor quality control.

Otherwise, the stacked stone installation is way more forgiving. Tile requires a very flat surface and a good technique to make everything line up correctly. The stacked stone doesn't care.

Thanks everyone. I hope to start this project and buying componnets by the end of the year. Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks Killer seems we have a MSI in Houston. I will be visiting their massive showroom when the time comes for sure!

I did stone veneer. Stone is expensive then when you want veneer it's more expensive. Look at Apex Stone. They cut on site and you can order a range of stone. They are in (or around Katy). You can get cut 90* angles as well. Delivery is expensive so I hope you have a truck!

If you buy the cut corners it really makes it look more like full stone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.