Anybody know the difference between 2011 & 2012 Intex 24' pools?

Hiyosilver

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 27, 2011
My Intex pool was purchased and installed in 4/11. It's been a great pool and I love the SWG that went with it.

That said, when I inspected it yesterday to see how it fared over the winter I discovered that 10 of the 24 horizontal support beams are rusted to the point I don't think it will last the summer.

Intex no longer stocks beams for the 2011 and below. I need to find out if the 2012 and above support beams will work. Does anybody know what the differences are?

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know, but intex should tell you. Better get with them as they can be impossibly slow once the season gets rolling.

Good luck!

I agree with Pat. Your best bet would be to call and see.

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know, but intex should tell you. Better get with them as they can be impossibly slow once the season gets rolling.

Good luck!

I've called them and they said it wouldn't fit, which is what you'd expect them to say. They are in business to sell new pools, not sell parts for old ones.

They have already discontinued the part number, which seems odd for a 4 year old pool, especially one that had so many complaints about rusting out. Also, they use the same picture for the different part numbers, 10980 and 11451

I've called them and they said it wouldn't fit, which is what you'd expect them to say. They are in business to sell new pools, not sell parts for old ones.

They have already discontinued the part number, which seems odd for a 4 year old pool, especially one that had so many complaints about rusting out. Also, they use the same picture for the different part numbers, 10980 and 11451
It isn't surprising that they don't stock parts for a 4 year old pool model. The Intex pools are temporary pools. They are only made to last a few years. If you are looking for a more durable pool you need to move to a permanent pool. I would either paint you poles or wrap tape around them , or buy a new pool.

It isn't surprising that they don't stock parts for a 4 year old pool model. The Intex pools are temporary pools. They are only made to last a few years. If you are looking for a more durable pool you need to move to a permanent pool. I would either paint you poles or wrap tape around them , or buy a new pool.

Actually, that's my problem, I'm only trying to get 1-2 more years out of the pool because of a planned move.

Check to see if the horizontals from a smaller pool would be the same length. I'v found that to be true for the 15', 16' and 18' pools, just more of them for larger size pools. The T fittings naturally are different, but you might get lucky with the used pool idea.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How about trying Craigslist or a Facebook yard sale group? Maybe you could buy someone else's used pool cheaply for parts?
Good idea, thanks.

Check to see if the horizontals from a smaller pool would be the same length. I'v found that to be true for the 15', 16' and 18' pools, just more of them for larger size pools. The T fittings naturally are different, but you might get lucky with the used pool idea.
According to the Intex website, the poles for the 16' - 24' are the same.

How bad are the poles? Do you have pictures? If it just pin holes you could paint them and they would last another season. You could also wrap then in silicone tape.
Too much ice on the cover yet to remove it, but, it feels like they are rusted all the way along the bottom and halfway up the sides. I seriously doubt they could handle the weight of refilling.

Just a followup. The new poles will fit, however a bit looser. The new poles are larger, both in width and length. The originals were 30 1/2" long and the new ones are 31 1/2" long, an inch longer so all the little buttons will not connect, but I don't think it will matter.

I happened to catch a 16' on Craigslist for $125 which gave me 16 of the new poles for $40 less than Intex prices. I did have to buy 8 more, but, it's all back together and seems to be holding just fine. I may try to sell just the liner for what I paid for the whole pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.