Pool Light Built Into Diamond Brite/Screw Head Broken- Help!

Mar 15, 2015
Florida
Hi all,

I recently moved into a new home and was told that the pool light was burned out and would need to be replaced. No big deal, I thought. I tried to follow videos and instructions I found online but I couldn't get the metal housing out.

I recently had someone come out to look at resurfacing the pool (it definitely needs to be done) and was told that the light was covered by the Diamond Brite and we would only be able replace it if we have it resurfaced. The guy hasn't called me back so I figured I'd wait a bit longer before resurfacing, but I'd really like to get the light replaced.

The actual screw head broke off as well (I'm assuming from the previous owners attempts) so I tried to pry the housing unit off but had no luck.

Have you heard of a light housing being covered by Diamond Brite? Is there a simple solution to to getting the screw out? I saw there are some possible ways by draining the pool below the light but am hesitant to do so if it'll be stuck because of the diamond Brite. Thanks in advance!

yeah, what JasonLion said.

If the faceplace is plastered over, its not gonna come off without destroying the plaster around the light.

Oh, and dont ask me which kind of idiot would plaster over a faceplate. Man you got me on that one!

Hi guys, please find the pictures attached, sorry for submitting them last night. Let me know what you think! Hopefully it's not a plaster issue. If not, how would you advise me to get the broken screw out? That is the only thing I couldn't get a picture of.
ghRNyjeh.jpg

UsO84Jwh.jpg

vZug1wDh.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.