New Pool, New TF-100 Kit and here are the results...

LBTRS

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I have a brand new pool (finished 2 weeks ago) and just received my TF-100 test kit. Performed a test today and after wasting a bunch of solution (you're not supposed to fill the beaker with the dot to the top line with the solution) :( I have some results.

Last night I noticed we couldn't get the dirt off the floor of the pool so I cleaned the filter (after only two weeks it was a mess) and today the floor is clean. The water looks very clear.

Any recommendations?

FC 7ppm
CC 0
TC 7ppm
pH 7.8
T/A 280
CH 210
CYA 30
Salt 2800ppm
Water temp 90
Air Temp 98

Thanks for all the great information.

Welcome to pool ownership!!

First, your T/A is way high. You should read the stickies and start to lower by areation. Second, Your PH is starting to get high. With a new plaster pool expect your ph to rise quickly. I would lower PH to 7.2 -7.4 range. This BTW, is the first step to areation.

JCJR said:

First, your T/A is way high. You should read the stickies and start to lower by areation. Second, Your PH is starting to get high. With a new plaster pool expect your ph to rise quickly. I would lower PH to 7.2 -7.4 range. This BTW, is the first step to areation.

Where are these "stickies" you recommend reading?

Off to look...

Thanks!

LBTRS said:
JCJR said:

Where are these "stickies" you recommend reading?

Off to look...

Thanks!

The stickes are now "Pool School". The link is in the sub-heading of each page and there is a link in my signature.

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

LBTRS,

Your pH and Alk will need to come down some. Read how to do that in Pool School and get a frim grasp on the process.....there's no rush on T/A but (if you have a masonry pool) I suspect your pH may continue to rise and you don't want it any higher.

I would suggest........

1. Add muriatic to get pH down in the low 7's

2. Get more CYA in your pool....probably 60-80ppm total....check with SWG manufacturer.

3. Also check suggested salt level.....2800 might be a touch low as well.......I'm not sure.

PS - when I first got my kit, I tried to do the CYA test by looking SIDEWAYS thru the viewtube! :shock: :shock: Then, I put pH reagent in the chlorine side of test block and chlorine reagent in the pH side....it was difficult to understand the results! :oops: :oops:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.