Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool, New TF-100 Kit and here are the results...

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool, New TF-100 Kit and here are the results...

I have a brand new pool (finished 2 weeks ago) and just received my TF-100 test kit. Performed a test today and after wasting a bunch of solution (you're not supposed to fill the beaker with the dot to the top line with the solution) I have some results.

Last night I noticed we couldn't get the dirt off the floor of the pool so I cleaned the filter (after only two weeks it was a mess) and today the floor is clean. The water looks very clear.

Any recommendations?

FC 7ppm
    CC 0
    TC 7ppm
    pH 7.8
    T/A 280
    CH 210
    CYA 30
    Salt 2800ppm
    Water temp 90
    Air Temp 98

Thanks for all the great information.
    15,000 gal Freeform Salt Water (SWG), Pebble Sheen with in floor cleaner. Hayward 1.5hp pump and 425sq ft Hayward Cartridge filter. 35sq ft Waterfall with separate 1.5hp Hayward Pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool, New TF-100 Kit and here are the results...

Welcome to pool ownership!!

First, your T/A is way high. You should read the stickies and start to lower by areation. Second, Your PH is starting to get high. With a new plaster pool expect your ph to rise quickly. I would lower PH to 7.2 -7.4 range. This BTW, is the first step to areation.
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JCJR

First, your T/A is way high. You should read the stickies and start to lower by areation. Second, Your PH is starting to get high. With a new plaster pool expect your ph to rise quickly. I would lower PH to 7.2 -7.4 range. This BTW, is the first step to areation.
    Where are these "stickies" you recommend reading?

Off to look...

Thanks!
    15,000 gal Freeform Salt Water (SWG), Pebble Sheen with in floor cleaner. Hayward 1.5hp pump and 425sq ft Hayward Cartridge filter. 35sq ft Waterfall with separate 1.5hp Hayward Pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by LBTRS
    Quote Originally Posted by JCJR

Where are these "stickies" you recommend reading?

Off to look...

Thanks!
    The stickes are now "Pool School". The link is in the sub-heading of each page and there is a link in my signature.

Welcome to the forum!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

LBTRS,

Your pH and Alk will need to come down some. Read how to do that in Pool School and get a frim grasp on the process.....there's no rush on T/A but (if you have a masonry pool) I suspect your pH may continue to rise and you don't want it any higher.

I would suggest........

1. Add muriatic to get pH down in the low 7's

2. Get more CYA in your pool....probably 60-80ppm total....check with SWG manufacturer.

3. Also check suggested salt level.....2800 might be a touch low as well.......I'm not sure.

PS - when I first got my kit, I tried to do the CYA test by looking SIDEWAYS thru the viewtube! Then, I put pH reagent in the chlorine side of test block and chlorine reagent in the pH side....it was difficult to understand the results!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School