Waterfall Suction Piping Location

Jul 10, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA
Does anyone have any suggestions on the best place to put my waterfall suction pipe? Right now I have it located just to the left of the waterfall. However, someone on this forum kindly pointed out that I should move it closer to the pump pad, and I agree. Now I'm just trying to figure out the best place.

I'm thinking about putting it on the left or right side of the bench on the deep end (far right side), or would that be too close to the skimmer/returns? Or maybe between the light and the slide? Any reasons for picking one spot over another?

I will have a dedicated Intellipro VS pump for the waterfall. The loop will NOT run through the filter or SWG. Suction pipe is 2.5". Return is 2". Thanks for any suggestions!

You want it close to the equipment pad, and in an area where people are the least likely to interact with it.

Remember that the waterfall suction needs to be dual (or long slot), same as the main drain.

Main drains and wall suction ports always need to be designed to prevent entrapment. Entrapment is when the pump suction traps a person against the suction port. There are various ways to design the system to prevent this, but the nearly universal choice is to place two drains connected together at least three feet apart. The next most common solution is to use a slot that is more than three feet long. There are several other approaches allowed, but they quickly get more expensive and less practical.

Ok, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for pointing that out. In that case, I suppose it makes the most sense to put it between the light and the slide (out of the way and plenty of room for 3 feet of separation). Does this look about right? Any issues with Return #2 being right there?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.