Need help as a new owner to identify pool filter

Jun 8, 2014
Hello community,

I need help to figure out what kind of pool filter is this. There is no name on it. Can anybody tell me if this is a sand filter or something else.
68a8cd56a1905b75913ba0b6870e242a.jpg

I"m guessing it is an old DE filter. Looks a bit like a Franken-filter with the stainless steel lid and plastic body! No stickers or model numbers anywhere on the filter?

Hi,

Non at all. I looked all around and was not able to find anything. Does anybody have a guide to clean a system like this?

I agree that it is probably a Hayward Microclear DE filter. A cartridge wouldn't have a multiport. Basically, you turn off the pump, remove the drain plug, disassemble the filter, hose down the grids, reassemble the filter and recharge with DE.

Measure the total square feet of grid area and use 0.125 lb of DE per square foot of surface area. Based on the top, I think that you have 24 square feet. The top has been replaced.

Check the grids carefully for tears or holes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.