Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to the group

1. Back To Top    #1

New to the group

Hello everyone. I wanted to post a quick thank you to the owners of this forum. The information here has altered my whole approach to the pool and upkeep.

I have a 13,000 Gal inground pool with vinyl liner. Up until now I was using first the pucks, and then the PoolFrog system. I always wondered where my chlorine was going and now with the understanding of how stabilizer works.....that mystery is solved. We also really hated our green hair in the swimming season , yet again another mystery solved.

I bought the Taylor 2006 kit, Borax, Baking Soda, and a mess of bleach, and most importantly I feel in control of my pool for the first time ever. Oh, I went ahead and Borated the pool too......that was fun.

Thanks again, and I look forward to the interesting conversations all swim season.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to the group

Welcome to TFP!!!

Glad you found us

Don't fall into the trap of buying all the B products. I have NEVER needed borax or baking soda.

The TFPC method is really just about understanding your pool’s chemistry and through accurate testing, adding only what the pool NEEDS and not what someone wants to sell you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I added the Borax to try out the Borate pool. Prior to that I used the Baking Soda to balance my TA which was low. My PH has always fluctuated, now it is staying consistent.....

4. Back To Top    #4

March Pool.jpgReady for the season

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Looks like you're doing an excellent job.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Defgufman View Post
    Hello everyone. I wanted to post a quick thank you to the owners of this forum. The information here has altered my whole approach to the pool and upkeep.
    While never required to post and get answers, the best thanks is to donate to keep the lights on. Less money than you would spend just walking into a pool store.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon