Dolphin's new "S series"

Dolphin's new "S series"

The lack of a swivel has no impact whatsoever. The cord does not get tangled. The only issue we've had at all is once when the robot tried to climb OUT of the pool onto the deck and flipped over slightly and got stuck. He has not tried that again! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Dolphin's new "S series"

The lack of a swivel has no impact whatsoever. The cord does not get tangled. The only issue we've had at all is once when the robot tried to climb OUT of the pool onto the deck and flipped over slightly and got stuck. He has not tried that again! [emoji4]

That's good to know. I'd love to hear more from actual owners. My local pool store wants to charge me a premium for old stock. I found the s300 for under $1000, about 30 mins away. I still get full warranty, but may be a hassle to drive it up for repairs.

Re: Dolphin's new "S series"

That's good to know. I'd love to hear more from actual owners. My local pool store wants to charge me a premium for old stock. I found the s300 for under $1000, about 30 mins away. I still get full warranty, but may be a hassle to drive it up for repairs.

We are actual owners.

Happy to tell you anything you'd like to know. I researched robots for months before purchasing this one and spoke directly to Maytronics. It was absolutely the best purchase for us.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No problems whatsoever. Only that one time when it tried to climb onto the deck and tipped backwards onto our bench. Oh, and if we try to run the Solar Breeze at the same time, it will try to eat the robot's cord as the cord floats on top. That is it! We've been really amazed at everything it does.

3886650f0a3b604deeb0c22b99c2b136.jpg

This is the only time anything has happened and I simply put it back the the water. It hasn't tried to climb out again.

Yeah my old dolphin doesn't play well with anything else in the pool, but that is to be expected. Glad to hear you are pleased with it. I'm trying to decide whether to purchase now for the month or so of swimming season I have left or wait until winter when pricing may be be better.

I've been using the Dolphin S300i for about a month now. It cleans extremely well - much better than the pool service I had - and I've had no troubles at all. Super easy to clean out the filter basket.
It doesn't appear to need a swivel for the cord, though my pool has nothing for the cord to get tangled on.
I do have a sun shelf, and found that the robot can't go up there (it tries though!) , apparently because there's only about 4 inches of water. It does go up onto my swim-out ledge though, as that has about 12 inches or so of water above it.

By the way, I bought mine with a Visa that adds a year to the warranty, bringing the total to 3 years. So don't pay cash!

I just opened my s300 and let it run through a regular clean cycle and then an ultraclean cycle. The floor and walls of my vinyl lined pool feel noticeably cleaner, but I did find some small pebbles in the corners that it was unable to get. I tried the manual drive feature through an iPhone and was pleased with the accuracy and response. I did notice that the drive feature seemed to be more responsive when using the Bluetooth connection rather than the standard connection (whatever that is). I also am curious about the different filter options. Apparently with the s300, you can only choose between the pleated filters or the fine mesh, while the 300i allows both to be in place at once. I also noticed that the drop down door for my filter cage does not open easily when releasing the latch, because there are two small latches on the side that need to be released as well.

For anyone who has purchased the Dolphin S300i (or S300), did you purchase it locally from your distributor? I found through the Maytronics website who the local distributor was in my area (local pool store), so I went in to inquire about a price and although they do in fact sell and service Dolphin robot cleaners, they didn't offer the S300i - in fact, she wasn't even aware of the entire line apparently. She's going to find out if they can special order it for me, but also had concerns of whether they could even service it for me in the future (she mentioned that once I purchase from them, they become my service center for it).

Has anyone else run into such roadblocks in trying to spend money?!!

Update: Within minutes of posting my last message, the local pool store called me with a price of $1475 for the Dolphin S300i. Seems a bit high from what I've heard others say they spent. Have others paid this much?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.