Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dolphin's new "S series"

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin's new "S series"

Does anyone know anything about Dolphin's new "S series" line of robots? I've just seen several youtube videos, but I can't find anything regarding price. Apparently this is a brand new line that hasn't been released in the US yet? Any info? Thanks in advance!
    10,000 gallon / fiberglass / IG pool
    Pentair Nautilus FNS24 D.E. Filter
    Hayward 3/4HP pump
    Build/Install date: June 2003
    Polaris 360

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin's new "S series"

One model of the S series has been announced in Europe, but is not yet shipping nor is there a listed price. Nothing has been announced in the US, which apparently won't get them until after Europe does.

Their press release in Europe strongly suggests that they will be replacing their entire product line with new S series models over the next year or so, though it is completely lacking any specifics.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    One model of the S series has been announced in Europe, but is not yet shipping nor is there a listed price. Nothing has been announced in the US, which apparently won't get them until after Europe does.

Their press release in Europe strongly suggests that they will be replacing their entire product line with new S series models over the next year or so, though it is completely lacking any specifics.
    I just did a google search on the Dolphin S300i and found the following on the manufacture website: http://marketing.maytronicsus.com/pr...dolphin-s-300i

I'm now wondering if I should potentially hold off on the Dolphin Z5? I guess we will have to wait and see on the pricing...

4. Back To Top    #4

the S series look pretty spiffy. I bet the s300i will be pricey though, simply because its bluetooth enabled. But thats just a guess...
    Will be interesting to see what they are going for when they're released.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

I looked and they all seemed to be bluetooth enabled, but they seem to be a cheaper series of robots. No swivel cable either.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

For the time being, it's just a Unicorn. Hopefully we will see it released sometime soon.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

7. Back To Top    #7

Only the S300i is listed as smartphone compatible. The S100, S200, and S300 are all listed as not compatible with a smartphone.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Only the S300i is listed as smartphone compatible. The S100, S200, and S300 are all listed as not compatible with a smartphone.
    Hmmm... The comparison shows both the S300 and S300i as bluetooth enbabled... http://marketing.maytronicsus.com/pr...ct/compare?cid[]=1597&cid[]=1598&cid[]=1599&cid[]=1600 and only a two year warranty.

9. Back To Top    #9

http://marketing.maytronicsus.com/pr...-dolphin-s-300

as you can see it clearly says bluetooth enabled, I'm guessing that means for a smartphone. Maybe I'm wrong?
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

10. Back To Top    #10

Their site is confusing. I was looking at http://dolphin-s.com/s300i.html#comparison.

Also compare:
    http://dolphinpoolrobot.com/en/resid...s-series/s-300
    to
    http://dolphinpoolrobot.com/en/resid...-series/s-300i
    where the S300i clearly lists MyDolphinTM App, and the S300 does not.

11. Back To Top    #11

I contacted Maytronics on when to expect availability of the "S" series. Their reply was "We are hoping around the middle of April" I am currently in the market for a cleaner. I was going to buy the Z5. I think I will wait to see how these are priced.

12. Back To Top    #12

Their site is confusing. I was looking at http://dolphin-s.com/s300i.html#comparison.

Also compare:
    http://dolphinpoolrobot.com/en/resid...s-series/s-300
    to
    http://dolphinpoolrobot.com/en/resid...-series/s-300i
    where the S300i clearly lists MyDolphinTM App, and the S300 does not.
    You are right, I really dislike the whole dolphin way of doing things, their site is very very confusing. I'm still perplexed as to why these new robots don't have the swivel cable, that was a major design feature.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
    You are right, I really dislike the whole dolphin way of doing things, their site is very very confusing. I'm still perplexed as to why these new robots don't have the swivel cable, that was a major design feature.
    I agree, their marketing dept is a mystery to me. What they do, and why is absolutely confusing at best. As for the swivel, they work ok sometimes, and if they have any flaw, it's the only one I can name. But on these other units at the 300 range, its easily explained why they don't have one. It's all about $$$.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

14. Back To Top    #14

IMO the swivel cable is a MAJOR plus. After having one, I would never go to a claeaner that didnt have it.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

15. Back To Top    #15

This new Maytronics line caught my eye as well. Not sure how much of a deal breaker the swivel would be, as there are other robots out there without them (e.g. the Polaris line).
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

16. Back To Top    #16

Maybe it depends on how they run, but I don't know how. Mine isn't the best feature, but I can't imagine how bad it would be without the swivel. Still, I don't think they will be out here this summer.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

17. Back To Top    #17

Just called my local store to see if they have the M5 in stock and they do $1600.

They then tell me they just got the s300i in and it is $1600 as well.

18. Back To Top    #18

Key word in red.

there are better prices online and depending on where you purchase it, you still ratain the full warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by scottbo1 View Post
    Just called my local store to see if they have the M5 in stock and they do $1600.

They then tell me they just got the s300i in and it is $1600 as well.
    Divin Dave,

19. Back To Top    #19

I would love for you to point me in the right direction for those specific models to somewhere online that either one:

1. Can be purchased cheaper
    2. Retain warranty

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Key word in red.

there are better prices online and depending on where you purchase it, you still ratain the full warranty.

20. Back To Top    #20

Yes Divin Dave, do tell. Where are the M5/500s available on line at better prices with the warranty?

My local authorized retailer will sell me one for $1549.

I have found a couple of online retailers that go as far as saying they cannot sell the model online, but none offer to sell over the phone on their website. Plus, shipping one of the porpoises to maytronics or the retailer for warranty or general service is going to set me back $70.
    Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast