Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubbler on 9" Tanning Ledge

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubbler on 9" Tanning Ledge

I'm curious if anyone has ever put in a bubbler in 9" deep water (i.e. tanning ledge). If so, is it effective? How high can you get the water to shoot up above the surface? If I need to, I can valve it such that it will be the only line running off of an Intelliflo VS pump, which is the main pool return pump. Am I wasting my time trying to add a bubbler in 9" deep water?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubbler on 9" Tanning Ledge

I really cant tell you how high the water might go.

But you can plumb it so its the only return back to the pool and with an intelliflo, it will shoot up I imagine fairly high, even from 9 inches deep. Probably depends also on the size of the orifice on the bubbler.
    Man you can just about put out a house fire with an intelliflo! The thing will flat move some water!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok. I only want it to shoot about 18" or so out of the water. What pipe size would you recommend for that? Also, are there special nozzles for bubblers? I'm having a hard time finding them if there are. Or are they just pool return fittings (i.e. 1-1/2")?

4. Back To Top    #4

put a 1 1/2 pipe to the bubbler, or if all of your other returns are 2 inch, then you could use that too. They arent regular return fittings although a regular return would probably produce the same results. I dont think you will have any problem getting 18 inches out of it. I would recommend also putting a valve at teh equipment pad so you could throttle it down or turn it off if you want to.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok. Thanks. All other pipes are 2", so I'll probably just use that. I would plan to use an automated 3 way valve to switch b/n bubbler and returns and vary the speed on the pump to adjust the height.
    Know of any places online that sell the bubbler nozzles?

14K gal, IG Shotcrete, Depth: 3'6" to 5'6", Pentair Intellipro XF VS Pumps (2), CCP520 Filter, Intellitouch i9+3S w/ ScreenLogic2, DEL Ozone EC-20 w/ Stenner Pump for Chlorine, Flagstone Coping, Moss/Creek Rock Waterfall, Dolphin 15.5' Slide, Intellibrite 5G Pool Lights (3), Globrites (2), Kichler Underwater Waterfall Lights (4), Paramount Paralevel Auto Leveler, 4'x8'Techno-Solis Solar Panels (14), Dolphin S300i Cleaner, My Pool Build

6. Back To Top    #6

Does anyone know where I can find nozzles specifically intended for bubbler applications? Preferably 2".

7. Back To Top    #7

I have two bubblers on my tanning ledge, and they are the same 1.5" pipe and jets/nozzles as on the standard pool returns. I can shoot mine several feet in the air if I open the valve fully. I imagine if I close the pool return valve and fully open the bubbler valve it will go sky high, something to try tonight....