Chlorine Liquidator Installed

It does not get easier. I have gone a week without having to heave the chlorine jug over the side of the pool, which is worth every penny that I spent. I am not getting younger and the jug seems to get heavier. Lol. I'm glad my poat has been encouraging. I would tell you to get the system from the place that I did but moments are I placed my order, they raised their price and became way more competitive. You can try. Maybe they reduced it again.. US Pool Products.

I added a gallon of chlorine to the Liquidator today. I have the flow set at 2ppm and it is keeping my pool chlorine level steady. I know this is much better than my on again, off again method of adding. Basically, that means I added chlorine until one day, I would forget and then, I would fight algae. I opened the pool in Feb and it has been crystal clear. I truly love the Liquidator.

Sound like you've got your Liquidator dialed in. In about a month I will be opening my pool and it will be my third year using the Liquidator. Between the Liquidator and following the TTP method I have not had any issues with algae. One thing that got me confused, throughout this thread you say that you " set at x ppm". Well if you are referring to where the ball floats at on the Liquidator flow meter scale, then it's not parts per million (ppm) which is a measurement of concentration, but rather it is an indication of flow rate. I say indication because the scale as far as I can determine is not documented anywhere. I suspect that it's a rough scale of milliliters per minute (ml/min) but in the end it's not important because you just use it as and indication and make adjustment based on your daily chlorine level testing. Once you get it dial it because almost set and forget.
But always remember when it comes to your Liquidator, "Trust but verify".

Ah yes, I am talking about the flow meter. Your explanation died make sense. I haven't had to touch it in a few weeks now and I love it. The pool stays clear and the chlorine level is more constant than it has ever been. My electric bill dropped $20 and I attribute some of that to not having to run the pump 24-7 to clear algae. I am also biting a lot less chlorine. I wish I had discovered this system a long time ago.

One question. I am using chlorine from the pool store and it's a pain to dump. The first two cups end up on my foot. So, do you have this problem? What is your solution?

Buy bleach. It is cheaper and packaged in 121 Oz. jugs. It will be interesting to watch this thread. My Liquidator, running 24/7. has not proven to hold a consistent level of chlorine. The last 2-3 days were very cloudy and somewhat rainy. The Liquidator did perfectly. Sun came out today and I had to add 54 oz. of 8.25%. Maybe a small amount more will be needed before I go to bed.

Alternatively, if I had set the Liquidator to cover me for a sunny day, I would surely have over chlorinated over night.

I've used 2 different flow meters both leak at the inlet side. I'm not sure I'm totally on board with any part of this system.

One question. I am using chlorine from the pool store and it's a pain to dump. The first two cups end up on my foot. So, do you have this problem? What is your solution?
At first I was buying 5 gallon containers of 12.5% from a local Namco and had the same issues. But found that a could buy 12.5% in one gallon jugs at Ocean State Job Lot (sorry they are only in New England) for $2.99. So it not only solved the spill issue, I get the chlorine the lowest price I can find around here, including bleach.

ewkearns said:
My Liquidator, running 24/7. has not proven to hold a consistent level of chlorine. The last 2-3 days were very cloudy and somewhat rainy. The Liquidator did perfectly. Sun came out today and I had to add 54 oz. of 8.25%. Maybe a small amount more will be needed before I go to bed.
Something doesn't sound right? Why are you only putting in 58 oz of chlorine? Your suppose to put in as much as 8 gallons of chlorine through the funnel tube so that it settles at the bottom and forms a bed of chlorine. There is no way that you would need to run the Liquidator 24/7 and be filling several time a day. I fill mine maybe twice a week at the most adding around two to three gallons at a time. All you need to do is to keep it filled such that you maintain the chlorine bed at a minimum of 2 inches.

ewkearns said:
I've used 2 different flow meters both leak at the inlet side. I'm not sure I'm totally on board with any part of this system.
Yeah I had this problem with my flow meter. I don't even use it anymore. I added this pinch valve. It gives me finer control of the flow and i found that it is much easier to dial in the correct flow.

It would be nice to be able to run this to dispense 40oz of bleach every night at 8pm for instance.
But I think that is more on line with a Stenner pump maybe?

So how does this keep a constant level of FC? Sunny days you lose more than cloudy days. It seems you would always have to be adjusting it. Not enough, then too much, then not enough again....Am I missing something?

I think the 58oz was a manual addition to the pool since the liquidator didn't keep up with demand. (That's how I read it.)
Beens, you are probability right, but there is still something wrong with ewkearns setup. I have about the same size pool as ewkearns and I run my filter around 6 to 8 hours a day and my Liquidator has no problems keeping up.

Oh, it would "keep up," depending on how you set it. If I keep up with a full sun day, I have too much chlorine in the morning. If I set the Liquidator to keep up with an overcast day, I have to make up the difference, if there is sun.

Therein lies the conundrum. If you have a Liquidator, it is your "chlorine pump" and must be run on a schedule to match chlorine dissipation.

Yet, wait, my pool is sited amongst palm trees, deciduous trees, pine trees, and a host of other organic contributors to the water, so I'd better run the pump such that it scavenges all of the nasties off the surface of the water it can.

So, what is that pump? A skimmer/filter system or a chlorine injection system?

I'm beginning to feel that it can't be both..... equally.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It would be nice to be able to run this to dispense 40oz of bleach every night at 8pm for instance.
But I think that is more on line with a Stenner pump maybe?
The Liquidator is more analogous to a salt water chlorine generator than a Stenner pump injection system. With the output of the Liquidator plumb into the suction side of the pump, a relatively low concentration of chlorine (as opposed to undiluted chlorine or bleach use with a Stenner system) gets drawn into the pump flow and dispersed into the pool. This happen continuously while the pump is on.

Therein lies the conundrum. If you have a Liquidator, it is your "chlorine pump" and must be run on a schedule to match chlorine dissipation.
This may be true in your case, but certainly not in mine. My pump run time is driven primary by the need to have my water slide on during the day and keeping the pool clean. This means I run my pump from mid morning to late afternoon. Base on this run time I set the Liquidator flow to achieve target FC. The day to day chlorine demand changes are not such that I have to be constantly making flow adjustment. I do not see how this could be any different with either a SWG or Stenner systems.
Given your need to run your pump 24/7 and what appears to be significant day to day chlorine demand I don't see how any system but manually dosing will work for you.

I have a solution, but using the Liquidator as a base line and manual dosing will have to do, until I reach this on my to-do list.

Basically, it is this:

(A) Using a personal weather station, assess the daily solar radiation, temperature, and wind.

(B) Create or find an algorithm to estimate chlorine usage.

(C)Then, either:
(1) Use a chlorine pump to inject the estimated amount of chlorine, or
(2) max out the liquidator and cut it on/off as needed

(D) Adjust pump run times to the minimum necessary to keep the pool filtered or increase as needed for chlorine injection.

Home automation packages should make this fairly easy. I use Homeseer and if anybody else has interest in sharing thoughts on this, please start another thread on the subject.

Reactions: MrXYZ123
I was looking into this but still unclear how it works. Does this have only one line that needs to be hooked up to the pump strainer plug?

Does it feed chlorine everytime the pump runs?

Yes, it feeds when the pump runs. It has two connections; one on the suction side to feed chlorine, and one on the pressure side to maintain a water level on top of the chlorine in the container.
8ce30c5cc4991967dfe4b61b5bba8f31.jpg
c778afb0338f7f947dfd06dd011f13ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it feeds when the pump runs. It has two connections; one on the suction side to feed chlorine, and one on the pressure side to maintain a water level on top of the chlorine in the container.
8ce30c5cc4991967dfe4b61b5bba8f31.jpg
c778afb0338f7f947dfd06dd011f13ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this seems to be setup the same way as my tablet feeder, which since switching to liquid chlorine and the methods on this site has been turned off. Has anyone switched from a tablet feeder to a Liquidator using the same drilled holes in the plumbing? From some of the sites I have seen it looks like they both use similar hardware at the connecting points.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.