Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Temperature monitoring

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Temperature monitoring

Hello all! I am new to the forum and have a question for you pool experts. I am looking for some kind of unit that will measure the temperature and (if possible) the water level of my indoor pool. I want the unit to send me an email if the pool gets below a certain temperature and I would also like information to be sent to a website. This unit would preferably be one that would mount to the side of the pool or can be tethered to the side of the pool, submerged at all times. I know this is a tall order, especially with the website. I have had a hard time finding anything like this, but if someone here knows anything it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Temperature monitoring

I can only say welcome to TFP!

Wish I could tell you I had an answer, but can't say Ive heard about anything that would fit that bill.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Coincidentally, I was just looking for something smarter than the wireless pool thermometer I just bought at Home Depot, which works fine but I'd like some long term logging so I can track effects of covers and season -- this is one I saw:

http://www.game-group.com/products/epool/

Amazon has it for $120 or so. Reviews are mixed, with reliability and software issues, but might be worth looking at.
    21000gal IG plaster, Sacramento CA area (late 1950s/early 60s)
    Filter: Cartridge, Pentair CCP420 (2014)
    Main pump: Pentair IntelliFlo VS (2015)
    Boost pump: 3/4hp (2011), Polaris 280 cleaner (unknown age)

4. Back To Top    #4

I've not used the wet probe unit yet, but I do run the dry probe La Crosse units around the house for other temperature monitoring and alerting needs.

http://www.amazon.com/La-Crosse-926-...CDXGPMB3RAWT2V

You also need the internet gateway unit to make these work. There is a yearly fee for the alerting ability. It's per unit but not a lot of money. No pH monitoring, but maybe this will do what you need?

I see they also now have a leak/water detection unit. I think I will pick that up and stick it in our water heater tray. But that is to detect a presence of water, not a lack thereof, so probably not what you were looking for.

plat.

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks for your input guys. the epool system looks like what i need. I would need to do more research on the lacrosse system, it appears to piggy back off an existing lacrosse system.

6. Back To Top    #6

There is Vigilant LilyPad that measures temperature, but not water level.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"