Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LED Lights for Saltwater Waterfall

1. Back To Top    #1

LED Lights for Saltwater Waterfall

I have scoured the internet with no luck. Does anyone know who makes small LED (or even non-LED) lights for waterfalls that are suitable for saltwater? Preferably for less than $100 each, but at this point, I'm open to anything! FYI, all the pond lighting places say they are only suited for fresh water (hence "pond" lighting).

Why are these so hard to find? Do so few people put lighting in their pool waterfalls? Thanks for any help!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: LED Lights for Saltwater Waterfall

Quote Originally Posted by Matchless1 View Post
    I have scoured the internet with no luck. Does anyone know who makes small LED (or even non-LED) lights for waterfalls that are suitable for saltwater? Preferably for less than $100 each, but at this point, I'm open to anything! FYI, all the pond lighting places say they are only suited for fresh water (hence "pond" lighting).

Why are these so hard to find? Do so few people put lighting in their pool waterfalls? Thanks for any help!!
    http://www.landscapelightingworld.co...ight-p/680.htm
    28000 gallon IG pool, 3.5ft - 8ft deep, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Interior, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Quad DE 100 filter, Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVRS, Whisperflo 3hp (water features), A&A Max in floor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch 8 Automation, Screenlogic II, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair Intellichem with acid injection via stennar pump, 9'x7' spa with Infiniti edge

3. Back To Top    #3

I think there is some confusion about what saltwater means. Generally pool water, even with a SWG, could be considered freshwater. The salt level is only ~3500ppm and a non-SWG pool could easily have a salt level of >1000ppm.

The ocean is saltwater. It has a salt concentration 10x that of a SWG pool ... up around 35,000ppm.

So if you are looking for equipment for a pool, save the confusion and do not put too much concern about a "saltwater" rating ... unless of course it is a pool that uses ocean water in it
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Excellent find. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    So if you are looking for equipment for a pool, save the confusion and do not put too much concern about a "saltwater" rating ... unless of course it is a pool that uses ocean water in it
    Gotcha. The forged brass makes sense, and they even say they're ideal for chlorinated and chemically treated water features. Thanks folks!

5. Back To Top    #5

I use volt for all my landscape lighting - excellent company and lifetime warranty
    28000 gallon IG pool, 3.5ft - 8ft deep, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Interior, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Quad DE 100 filter, Pentair Intelliflo VS-SVRS, Whisperflo 3hp (water features), A&A Max in floor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch 8 Automation, Screenlogic II, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, Pentair Intellichem with acid injection via stennar pump, 9'x7' spa with Infiniti edge