Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with plug for Intex Sand Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Montgomery, AL

Help with plug for Intex Sand Filter

I have an Intex Sand Filter and I need to replace the to electric cord. The GFCI end on the cord leaks and is no longer waterproof so sometimes it gets water in it and will not work unless I open it up and let it dry out. The cord says "Caution - Replace only with cord set number SJTW". I looked on Intex's website and could not find a replacement cord so I need help finding the correct cord for my pump. Anyone got any suggestions?
    18' X 48" Intex Ultra Frame AGP, approx. 6,400 gallons
    2650 Intex Sand Filter
    Intex SWG (w/ copper unplugged)

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Help with plug for Intex Sand Filter

I did a little looking around. That's a pretty generic thing, I think.
    I'd just remove it and take it to a good hardware store and see if they can't match it with something there.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    El Cajon CA

Here is a couple options. LINK Or you could just put a regular plug on and make sure you have a GFCI outlet that it plugs into. Good luck.
    Intex 15'x42" Metal Frame pool 4200 GAL with Intex SWG. TF-100 test kit. Our Pool Install Thread

In Work! Master Spas Legend Series LSI 557 3-4 person Hot Tub, 230 GAL using bromine to sanitize it. Hot Tub Install Thread

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tucson, AZ

There are also GFCI power strips you could buy and plug into that. As a bonus any other near-water accessories can plug into that.
    Intex 12'x24'x52"
    8,403 gallons
    Intex SF60110 2450 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex CS8110 SWG
    Aquabot AJET121I Pool Rover S20-40