First time pool owner

Mar 12, 2015
Escondido, CA
Good Day everyone,

We are in week three of our pool build here in Escondido, Ca. We bought our home new and thought about a pool but decided the cost was too high to spend at the time so we just landscaped. Well, now they had to tear out a lot of our plants, grass and a few trees. Now, we realize it would of be better to do the pool first then add the other landscape elements. The pool is dug and the shock crete went in on Wednesday so I am watering the pool three times a day now. We are now deciding on the finish products like pool color and coping and decking. Im leaning towards Tropic blue by Stonescapes. We will have travertine coping and deck. We did decide to do the solar panels on the roof but has only been pre plumbed so far. It has been fun to watch the process of building the pool. I'll have to figure out how to post photos. Any suggestions on pool color or travertine suggestions? We have some stamped concrete patio and walkways. My landscape guy said he could do a Rhino coating on it to make it less slippery. Has anyone done this or seen it? We have so much to learn about owning a pool. This website will be a great resource for us. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Hi Little Rascal!
Welocome to TFP! You'll find a lot of good info here on TFP!
As soon as you get time, take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the subject in Pool School. Lots of info there from A to Z.

The easiest way to post pics is download them to photobucket.
Once downloaded, click on the pic you want to post. At the right side of the pic will be some Code. Clcik on the IMG code and it wiill copy
then come back here and paste the code into your message. When you click the submit button, the pic will show up.

Looks like everyone will have assigned seats around the spa based on height...nice!

What a backdrop for the pool, fireplace and hills...gorgeous!

You might get better responses in the Construction area. Admin - Should this be moved?

I tried to post in Construction but since it was my first time posting I couldn't post there? My husband is 6'6 so he has his own seat in the spa. My neighbor shared this idea with us for her tall husband. I am enjoying watching how a pool is built. This forum is so helpful to us since this is our first pool. I am now picking out the stone and tile. I have decided on Noce Travertine for the coping and pool deck. The water line will be a blue tile that varies in color. We will have a ledger stone wall in the back with a travertine top. I hope it all looks good together. Stressful!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.