Pad for pump

BrettB

Aug 4, 2014
Placentia, ca.
OK, I pick up my new pump tomorrow but I have a question about bases. When the pool was installed about 13 years ago. They used a pre-cast concrete pad for all the equipment. When the 2.0 hp Hayward Northstar died I replaced it with a 2.0 hp Hayward Super Pump (not the right pump). I now will be replacing the dead Super Pump with a Hayward TriStar 2.0 hp. The Super Pump was smaller and needed me to raise the base now the TriStar will need a raised base as well but a bit smaller. Question, what is the best base material to use. I want to build a little form and pour a bit concrete the size of a shoebox lid but that might be over kill. Any ideas?

I used 2 pavers (large maybe 12" x 12" to get mine where it needed to be. IMHO I wouldn't pour a little bit of concrete. Just find something that fits and is the right height.

In the future you may want to change pumps and need the height.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.