jandy system

daveva

May 25, 2014
amsterdam ohio
I'm confused on what I need to operate a jandy pool system. What I need is that when the sensors indicate that the actuator valve directs the water flow to the solar panel that the variable speed pump automatically increases in speed. I am also going to install a salt system and heater, pool lights, no spa at this time. So I need to know what controller, salt chlorine generator model and related equipment to build such a system. The only thing I'm clear on is the heater, pump, filter, and actuator valve. The controllers and salt system is what I'm not sure of. Thanks

I am unclear. Do you already have some kind of Jandy automation? I do not know what you mean by "a Jandy pool system".

There are many companies that make automation systems that can do what you are looking for. Or you could get things more independent, like a solar controller and a SWG controller that are separate.

We need to know more about your pool to know what SWG would work for you.
Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Well there are certainly better alternatives than Jandy for some things ... like the Raypak heaters. I do not know much about the Jandy products, so will bow out.

For SWGs we recommend sizing for 1.5-3 times the size of the pool. So for a 12k gallon pool, look for a 20k SWG or larger.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.