SE Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
My apologies if this isn't an appropriate question here.

Poolforum.com seems to have vanished without warning. Does anyone here know what happened?

Thanks.

I don't venture over there and haven't joined, so I don't really know. I know from what other people say that it isn't very active most of the time so I'm not surprised to hear that.

Plenty of Pool talk going on around here and we aren't going anywhere that I know of. Just gearing up for the summer rush right now, so feel free to join in and hang around. :goodjob:

Asking that here is fine.

I haven't heard anything about what is up with them.

Their domain registration is still valid, and there is a computer at their address, but it is not currently running a web server.

They have been working reasonably reliably for the last few years. However, there have been some minor outages before, especially longer ago. Obviously they recovered from all of their previous issues. I tend to assume they will recover from the current issue as well.

Hopefully someone who knows what is happening will stop by and comment.

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

I've only recently found this site (I've been on the other forum for some time). I've found the methods taught there very helpful and effective.

In my brief time here it seems y'all use the same methods....is that correct?

I'm looking forward to becoming an active participant on this forum. :)

I myself am not familiar with the specifics of the methods you mention.

We here at TFP though, believe that folks should not add any chemicals that your pool doesnt need. (such as all sorts of stuff sold in pool stores by people who dont understand pool chemistry).
We also have a proven set of recommended values that our pool paramaeters should be. We have proven, that if the recommendations are followed, then you will have a trouble free sparkly crystal clear pool.

TFP believes in teachning simple pool chemistry so the average pool owner can take care of their own pool with a minimum investment of time and money.

Please take a moment and browse our pool school for more info.

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

I've only recently found this site (I've been on the other forum for some time). I've found the methods taught there very helpful and effective.

In my brief time here it seems y'all use the same methods....is that correct?

I'm looking forward to becoming an active participant on this forum. :)

I myself am not familiar with the specifics of the methods you mention.

We here at TFP though, believe that folks should not add any chemicals that your pool doesnt need. (such as all sorts of stuff sold in pool stores by people who dont understand pool chemistry).
We also have a proven set of recommended values that our pool paramaeters should be. We have proven, that if the recommendations are followed, then you will have a trouble free sparkly crystal clear pool.

TFP believes in teachning simple pool chemistry so the average pool owner can take care of their own pool with a minimum investment of time and money.

Please take a moment and browse our pool school for more info.

That sounds very much like what they teach there.....which has saved me much money, time, and frustration.

I think I'll feel right at home here. :)

The core group that got TFP started were originally members at Poolforum.com. So we started with the same basic principals they have. However, over the years minor differences in approach have appeared and accumulated. Compared to the rest of the pool industry we probably look exactly the same as each other, but someone familiar with both sites will notice differences in a number of areas.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The core group that got TFP started were originally members at Poolforum.com. So we started with the same basic principals they have. However, over the years minor differences in approach have appeared and accumulated. Compared to the rest of the pool industry we probably look exactly the same as each other, but someone familiar with both sites will notice differences in a number of areas.
Agreed. I originally found them when I purchased my house with a pool. Making the move from there to here had minimal effect on how I maintained my pool.

Like here, they have a core group of folks who are looking to help, and as Jason said with both sites starting with the same basic principals not much is really different when you get down to the nitty gritty.

While the info is basically the same, the folks at TFP have taken the time to put the information together in a little more concise logical format - "Pool School". Ben put together many similar articles, but to me it did not seem to be put together in an easily researched format. That could just be me....

If you look around you would find several members who posted in both forums.

Yea, I just landed here, and didn't venture out anywhere else Pool forum wise. I looked around a little at first, but this one seemed like the place to be.

I liked the philosophy, and I knew at a pretty quick glance what they were talking about here made sense, and the core people were very knowledgeable.

Yea, I just landed here, and didn't venture out anywhere else Pool forum wise. I looked around a little at first, but this one seemed like the place to be.

I liked the philosophy, and I knew at a pretty quick glance what they were talking about here made sense, and the core people were very knowledgeable.

That sounds like how I ended up at poolforum. I started searching the Internet after being frustrated with the lack of results and the high cost of following my pool store's advice and landed on the poolforum.

I'm glad there's there's another option (this site) that has a similar philosophy. While I think I have a good foundation now under my belt, I think I'd feel lost without the support from a forum like this and poolforum.

Next month it will be time to start ordering supplies for my pool opening in early May. I'm soooo looking forward to this winter being over and start enjoying my pool!

PS - I hope Ben is OK.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.