STRUCTURE:
Custom pool Per 103 sf max length 36', max width 26', 3.5' - 6' depth profile
Choice of standard tile, flagstone coping
1/2 inch steel throughout structure with 3" gravel subbase
tan ledge 6' x 8' with bubbler(s), steps,
2 additional benches with steps per plan
Weeping Wall D14" x H18" x L19'
Plaster Noble Tile Designer Series, Emerald Bay
950 sq ft choice of natural salt-finish concrete deck, seeded aggregate or no color skin stamped concrete
2 Flower bed area in the decking with 4" drain lines and drain heads
Removable Tequila Seating table

EQUIPMENT:
Digital timer RS system with freeze protection
Autofill attached to sprinkler system
Pentair Intelliflo 3hp variable-speed main pump (energy efficient)
Pentair 520 sq ft cartridge filter
Additional booster pump for water features
Pentair Racer booster pump driven pool sweep
2 skimmers, 2 1/2" dual main drains, 2" suction from skimmers
6 1 1/2" RETURN
2 Pentair LEDs
In-line chlorine

GENERAL:
Necessary taxes included
Rock charge included
Pole, brush, maintenance kit, initial chemical supply included
Standard electric (up to 100') and plumbing runs included up to 60' to equipment
Final clean and grading included
$ 45,500

- Looking at ditching the cleaner and getting a Robot cleaner. Should I at least have them plumb the line?
- Going to have them run the plumbing for a slide that I can install at another time.
- May switch to a salt system. How much time would I save in cleaning is it worth having to seal every year and buying a new generator every 3-5 yrs?
- About how long with a salt system until my weeping wall is turned into sand and sucked up by my vacuum?
- Is it a good idea to flagstone the tan ledge?

Thanks for the time in advance,
TCB

Ditch the pressure side cleaner that requires a booster pump ... no need to have to run 2 pumps just to clean the pool. You may be able to get a robot for the cost of the booster pump and Racer. I would plumb a 2" line that you could use for a pressure or suction cleaner in the future if so desired.

Are the floor drains plumbed separately to the equipment pad?

I would recommend a SWG or the flagstone ... not both. Personally, I would go for the SWG over the stone ... but everyone in TX seems to love to use flagstone for some reason.

Tequila seating table. sweet!

You don't need a timer with the Pentair VS pump, it has a built timer. Definitely recommend SWCG, it will save you hauling and adding bleach every day or two or three during spring, summer and fall. You will still have to use bleach when the water temp drops in winter. It is nice to go three seasons pretty much only adding some muriatic acid to your pool to keep PH down once a week or so. We start up in spring with some CYA and tweak Borate, salt, CH, TA, etc and usually go the rest of the season with not much work. Just test for CL and adjust your SWCG % and/or pump run time to dial in your CL level.

If you use a hard stone on your weeping wall it won't be affected by saltwater. I also believe that vertical surfaces are less affected by saltwater than horizontal surfaces because water does not sit on the surface and evaporate leaving behind the salt.

We are happy having pebblesheen on our tanning ledge. Although, I don't know how people feel about it who have flagstone on theirs. Haven't seen a lot of feedback one way or the other about flagstone on tanning ledges.

Sounds like you're looking for gut check on the price, so here ya go. We've been in design and quoting since September, and Based on what I've seen in DFW this is a bargain, actually. Considering the size of the decking, and all.

We have multiple quotes for a 31 x 23 w/ 6-person Spa, almost identically equipped 90'-perimeter, 502Sq.Ft. with 580' of Decking at they are all within +/- $3500 of $50k

Range from $42k - $51k (and we're outside city limits east of Dallas.)

If you like the builder and they're going to let you tweak a little as you go (get it in writing) I think it sounds like a fair price..

Good Luck, and HTH

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.