New to the Forum

Gary.B

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 10, 2015
Orlando FL
Hi All,

Been reading with interest over the last few days, the advise given on the forum so decided it was time to sign up and hopefully get some advise on my own issues and pick up some knowledge.
I have a vacation home in Orlando that we rent out to cover the running costs (we get over as much as we can), the pool running costs and issues are a constant headache and I realise that I need to become alot more knowledgeable in pool care to get this under control.

I'm coming over for a couple of weeks end of next month and want to do some improvements to the pool whilst there.

I'll do a separate post on the things I'm looking to do, any advise will be greatfully appreciated, I'm sure the resident pool guy looking after the pool knows less than he thinks!, given the issues we're been having although we probably have some of the worst operating conditions.

Pool runs 12 hrs a day 365 days a year, heated from end September to end April to 86 degrees, and probably high 70-80's the rest of the year thru ambient temp and just to make things more interesting have a constantly changing number of people using the pool.

Thanks in advance.
Gary.

Welcome to the forum Gary B,

Do post up your questions in a new thread please, as we would like to help. Managing this pool from afar will be a bit challenging using the methods we teach here, but I'm sure we can figure out something to help you. At the least, there is a lot of good information here on all the essentials and fundamentals.

I'm sure it's going to be challenging but I'm up for that, it's been a steep learning curve till now. May be I was being naive but I had assumed the pool guy would just take care of everything!!! I've learn't to my expense otherwise.

I was considering a salt water generator after reading on the forum but was not sure whether it would be suitable for a rental pool??
I'll post a question separately.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, it's a short term vacation rental usually between 1-3wks, with the occasional 'Snow Bird' that stay over winter for anything up to 3 months. The most we've managed was a month over Christmas but usually get a couple of 2-3 wk breaks during the year.

Nice to have some one close by in Lakeland ( I'm actually, well the pool at least, is in Davenport / four corners) who will be used to the Florida environment.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I've put my first question on the 'Just getting started' page.

Ok I'll look there...

EDIT: Ive just looked Gary, and I don't see that you've created another post anywhere. Also, there are no posts awaiting approval. Also, I see only the first (this) post that you've created. :scratch:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support