Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to the Forum

1. Back To Top    #1

New to the Forum

Hi All,

Been reading with interest over the last few days, the advise given on the forum so decided it was time to sign up and hopefully get some advise on my own issues and pick up some knowledge.
    I have a vacation home in Orlando that we rent out to cover the running costs (we get over as much as we can), the pool running costs and issues are a constant headache and I realise that I need to become alot more knowledgeable in pool care to get this under control.

I'm coming over for a couple of weeks end of next month and want to do some improvements to the pool whilst there.

I'll do a separate post on the things I'm looking to do, any advise will be greatfully appreciated, I'm sure the resident pool guy looking after the pool knows less than he thinks!, given the issues we're been having although we probably have some of the worst operating conditions.

Pool runs 12 hrs a day 365 days a year, heated from end September to end April to 86 degrees, and probably high 70-80's the rest of the year thru ambient temp and just to make things more interesting have a constantly changing number of people using the pool.

Thanks in advance.
    Gary.
    12x30 12K gallon plaster/gunite pool- 2x deck streamers & 2x fan sprays, 6x4 1k gallon 4 jet spa. 1.5Hp pentair whisperflo pool/spa combi pump. Pentair clean & clear 100sqft cartridge filter, 400K Hayward NG Heater, Intermatic RC 2163FE Pool / Spa combi Analoguel Control. SGS 540 Breeze SWG. TF-100 with speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to the Forum

Welcome to the forum Gary B,

Do post up your questions in a new thread please, as we would like to help. Managing this pool from afar will be a bit challenging using the methods we teach here, but I'm sure we can figure out something to help you. At the least, there is a lot of good information here on all the essentials and fundamentals.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Got a Salt Water Generator? That would be my first recommendation.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm sure it's going to be challenging but I'm up for that, it's been a steep learning curve till now. May be I was being naive but I had assumed the pool guy would just take care of everything!!! I've learn't to my expense otherwise.

I was considering a salt water generator after reading on the forum but was not sure whether it would be suitable for a rental pool??
    I'll post a question separately.

Thanks for the replies.
    12x30 12K gallon plaster/gunite pool- 2x deck streamers & 2x fan sprays, 6x4 1k gallon 4 jet spa. 1.5Hp pentair whisperflo pool/spa combi pump. Pentair clean & clear 100sqft cartridge filter, 400K Hayward NG Heater, Intermatic RC 2163FE Pool / Spa combi Analoguel Control. SGS 540 Breeze SWG. TF-100 with speedstir.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!!

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to the forums. Look forward to assisting. I'm in Lakeland.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

7. Back To Top    #7

I take it this is a weekend/temp/seasonal rental?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes, it's a short term vacation rental usually between 1-3wks, with the occasional 'Snow Bird' that stay over winter for anything up to 3 months. The most we've managed was a month over Christmas but usually get a couple of 2-3 wk breaks during the year.

Nice to have some one close by in Lakeland ( I'm actually, well the pool at least, is in Davenport / four corners) who will be used to the Florida environment.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I've put my first question on the 'Just getting started' page.

9. Back To Top    #9

Ok I'll look there...

EDIT: Ive just looked Gary, and I don't see that you've created another post anywhere. Also, there are no posts awaiting approval. Also, I see only the first (this) post that you've created.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

10. Back To Top    #10

Started a post under 'variable speed pump control' on the just getting started page yesterday.

11. Back To Top    #11

Welcome Gary!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter