My 1st water test with new Taylor kit

You should raise your TA level. The recommended TA level with a SWG is between 60 and 80.

I am not sure why you put question marks after the CC number. Having CC at zero is good. If you are unsure of the reading, feel free to ask and we can answer any questions you might have.

Do you have a CYA reading? You listed all of the important numbers except that one.

I see now that a cc reading of 0 is fine,I questioned it earlier because I am somewhat overwelmed with the test kit.
I checked the cya level twice because my kit tells me to add cloudy soln. to comparator tube until the black dot on the bottom disappears when viewed from the top. Well it never really disappears only is clouded over with the cloudy water. So I took a reading of 9. Can you help me with this? Thank-you. :oops:

Susi,

The CYA test seems a little backwards at first but it sounds like you are doing it right. If you have filled your view tube and can still see the black dot, your CYA will be much less than 20ppm.

High CYA (of 80 or so, for example) will make the black dot disappear when the tube is lass than 1/3 full.

So it sounds like you are doing the test correctly, you have less than 20ppm CYA, and you need to add some more to get your pool up around 60-80ppm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.