SWG And Intex Ultra

Apr 17, 2014
Jacksonville
I have a 18' Intex Ultra with a sand filter. I was considering getting the SWG generator but I read on here about the saltwater rusting the frame faster than normal. Does any one else that has a SWG and an Ultra have that same problem? Thanks in advance for the advice.

I had one and each pool I set up rusted. One pool rusted to the point that I could bend the uprights by hand in less than 8 months. It could have been poor quality pools, chemistry not right, or a combination. I cannot say it was definitely the SWG but I gave it away when I got the new pool. Now, I use straight chlorine and after a year, I do not see any rust on the Sharkline. Many people have good experiences and there are several posts on the forum about it.

My Intex 24X52 is almost 4 years old. While checking it for problems after the winter I discovered 10 of the 24 horizontal support bars are severely rusted and replacements are no longer available. :grrrr:

When I called Intex the only solution they offered was to sell me a new frame for what I paid for the whole pool.

I need to find out what the difference is from the 2011 and below frames are from the 2012 and above.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.