Please help me choose the right valve

Mike_k

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2012
Mason, Ohio
These are the valves that I currently have for my deck jets:

pad6.jpg

I need to replace one (and will probably replace all of them), but I'm not sure what the best options are. I've seen a lot of recommendations for Jandy NeverLube valves, but I'm not sure if they are over-kill for this purpose.

Also, if anyone has recommendations on the best way to replace given this layout/design it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

PVC valves stiffen up and sometimes leak and seize up. No problems like that with the Neverlube (or equivalent valves).

For these deck jets, you could consider some of the PVC valves that use unions on both sides, then you could replace the valve part easily if you have a problem in the future.

For a valve that is rarely turned, a ball valve can be ok. But I would want something better if the valves are turned often.

PVC valves stiffen up and sometimes leak and seize up. No problems like that with the Neverlube (or equivalent valves).

For these deck jets, you could consider some of the PVC valves that use unions on both sides, then you could replace the valve part easily if you have a problem in the future.

For a valve that is rarely turned, a ball valve can be ok. But I would want something better if the valves are turned often.

Thanks for the response. What are the NeverLube like equivalents that would be recommended?

I'll be honest with you and say that in time, those valves wont seal, the handles will break, or both. It will take several years most likely, but it will happen.

Are you talking about the valves in my photo? You're exactly right. That's why I need to replace one, and will probably replace all. Jandy NeverLube seems like overkill, but it's not sounding like there are many options in between.

The appropriate Pentair valve costs roughly $25 on the Internet. It is a little more expensive than a ball valve, but hardly cost prohibitive. The Jandy version is under $45, more but not all that much more.

Are you talking about the valves in my photo? You're exactly right. That's why I need to replace one, and will probably replace all. Jandy NeverLube seems like overkill, but it's not sounding like there are many options in between.

Yes, that's what I meant, and for all the reasons from other posters above. It really isn't much "overkill" if any.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Get a good set of PVC cutters would be my suggestion, but perhaps you ca borrow a pair if you never will cut PVC on a regular basis.

Go to a place with a large selection of PVC, like an irrigation supply house and get CLEAR primer. They might even rent you cutters, but I doubt it.

Get a good set of PVC cutters would be my suggestion, but perhaps you ca borrow a pair if you never will cut PVC on a regular basis.

Go to a place with a large selection of PVC, like an irrigation supply house and get CLEAR primer. They might even rent you cutters, but I doubt it.

Thanks. I'll look into cutters. I saw a YouTube video where the guy used pool-specific PVC cement. Is this needed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.