I'm getting my pool refinished (Pebble Sheen, Blue Granite) and we are having the decking torn out and replaced as well.
This is giving me a chance to do some minor replumbing as well as gas and electrical. I've got a new Pentair 460805 NG 400 kBTU heater coming as well as a new Pentair 011018 Intelliflo motor/pump. I'm having a 2" gas line put in and I'm moving the ugly electrical panel that's been on the side of my house since 1978 (when this pool was constructed) into a new pool shed (7' x 4.5', plastic) that shall sit upon a freshly poured pad. All the pool equipment shall reside inside neat and clean and out of sight and sound. I'm also taking the opportunity to put in an auto-leveler although I have no idea what my pool contractor is using...guess I should ask. Finally, I'm piping in a 1/2" line to the pool shed for water access.
Our 24,000 gallon pool/spa is gunite and in the ground. Equipment is above it and will eventually be on a 4" pad.
I stole this plumbing plan from some manual on some piece of equipment and modified it to to fit my situation. I hope it is large enough to be read.
I'd appreciate some input on what I have here:
(1) Should there be a bypass for the NG heater? Is it good or bad to run water through the NG heater all the time? The plan is to only use the NG heater for the spa since we use the solar heater for the pool.
(2) Should there be a check valve on the heater return pipe?
(3) Should I bother trying to split the pool main and skimmer and take 'em back to the pool shed as separate lines? I think I'd rather not but I could be talked into it...maybe...all that digging...ugh.
(4) Why is there a check valve after the filter? It does seem like a good idea but I see no reason why any water would ever come back into the filter. Just a precaution?
(5) I plan to install The Liquidator for chlorine. I have a couple of questions on this:
(5a) What is difference between the regular one and the upgraded 3/8" one? What exactly is upgraded? I found a regular one for $120 and and upgrade pack for $30 but I'm wondering what exactly is upgraded and if I should bother or buy what I need from the local orange/blue boxes.
(5b) Can The Liquidator be used to inject muriatic acid? The pH from the city is like 8.2-8.4 so I'm always trying to battle that back down. I'm thinking to pick up 2 Liquidators if so.
(6) Any other ideas or good things I should consider?