Air Coming From One Jet

Mar 9, 2015
Mobile, Alabama
Have an in ground gunite pool with 2 skimmers and 4 jets. I have my timer set up to come on at 9:00AM and off at 7:00PM. Each day when the pump turns on, air come flowing out of one of the jets. This last for maybe 5-10 seconds and then not another air bubble until the next morning when it repeats itself. I don't seem to be loosing water. Any idea where the air may be entering the line or why this is isolated to just one jet? Thanks.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

It could be that your filter is partially draining when the pump is off allowing air into the system that is purged when the pump comes back on. You may not be losing water, but when the pump is off air might be sucked into the filter.

I assume you do not have a SWG?
Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Thanks for the quick response. I will go in an fill out the additional information. I work in the technology field any acronyms have become like a second language. I assume same in pool arena....what the heck is SWG? Salt Water ??

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

It could be that your filter is partially draining when the pump is off allowing air into the system that is purged when the pump comes back on. You may not be losing water, but when the pump is off air might be sucked into the filter.

I assume you do not have a SWG?
Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

You got it: SWG = Saltwater (chlorine) Generator

They can sometime create bubbles, although they would be consistent over the day when it is generating.

When the pump turns off, see if you can hear the filter gurgling or air being drawn in.

Do you see any air in the pump basket? When the pump is running or after it has been off for awhile?

Do you have solar heating?

Glad to know I was close of the SWG. And yes, I do have one. I don't see bubbles in the filter but I have noticed when I go to turn it off, I get a strong back lash of water coming back and water actually spews out from the filter. That could be a sign the lid is not on as tight as it should be or the gasket is wearing out. Just odd that I have this only coming from the one jet and like I mentioned, once the bubbles are gone, I never seem until the next morning. Seems like a filter issue would distribute them throughout the other 3 jets.

... I don't see bubbles in the filter but I have noticed when I go to turn it off, I get a strong back lash of water coming back and water actually spews out from the filter.

Is the water spewing from the air relief valve on top or from the seal between the head/body of the filter? If from the head/body of the filter then you might try taking off the clamp, remove the head, apply some silicone lube to the o-ring, clean around the area where the o-ring sits and re-seat the filter head. A pool store should have the silicone lube if you don't have any. If the air relief valve, then I'll let someone who is more familiar with that filter to comment on a fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.