Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Service Truck Stocking

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Service Truck Stocking

I am not sure if this is the right section to post this, however I just wanted to connect with some other service technicians out there and find out what you think the most important things to keep stocked in your trucks are (parts, chemicals, tools, etc...) during the pool season? I realize this may vary, and there are thousands of parts out there but whatever your top 5 must have's are.

Cheers.
    30,000 gallon pool
    Hayward EcoStar pump
    Hayward SwimPure Plus SWG
    60" Pentair FNS Plus DE filter
    West Texas

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Service Truck Stocking

For me it depends what time of the year it is

spring (opening season) Teflon tape, various o-rings for pumps filters coordinator, magic lube, various skimmer and pump baskets , plugs for pumps and filters and opening chems

Summer ( maintenance season) after my pools are opened I keep a lot of my maintenance chems extra nets brushes plumbing fittings and pipe leaf blower vac heads and hoses

Fall (closing season) trash pump extra gas extra winterization plugs cover anchors and springs closing chems

I always keep my tool bag and a portable pump and filter on my van

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Well I have at least $10,000 in parts for gas heaters on my van every day. Of course being in FL I work year round. Very rarely do I ever have to make a second trip to a customers house for a repair. Certain parts I keep multiples of, pressure switches, ignitors, sensors, etc. Then once I use two of the parts, I restock it.

What exactly do you do? Are you a pool cleaning guy or do you just service pool equipment?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Thanks for the feedback. I do both service and pool maintenance. Like most other techs I don't like to make two trips when one well stocked trip will do..haha. So I am just trying to figure out what I need to get most of the jobs done. The large variety of products in our field can make service a bit of a headache sometimes.

I appreciate your posts and will post back once I have a rough outline of a stock list to see what everyone thinks.

Cheers
    30,000 gallon pool
    Hayward EcoStar pump
    Hayward SwimPure Plus SWG
    60" Pentair FNS Plus DE filter
    West Texas

5. Back To Top    #5

I do know, one of the hardest things on any job, is getting there with everything you need.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

If you do it long enough you will know what common parts to carry. Very few are universal though. A pressure switch for a heater is universal with one small reducer for one particular heater.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,