Major Winter Damage

Jun 15, 2013
Bethel, CT
So, after all the snow this winter (keeping my fingers crossed that it is over) i am left with a huge mess...

Earlier in the winter when the first foot of snow came down i noticed that the safety mesh cover was dipping lower than normal. I let it go as i thought it's probably ok... After the 2nd or 3rd foot of snow came down i realized that the cover was stretching almost to the bottom of the shallow end. With some warmer temps last week the snow started to melt and sure enough the cover ripped completely through the middle at the deep end and the pool is filled with a collapsed cover and snow. There "might" be a foot or two of water (ice) in the deep end. Not sure where the leak started to let all of the water out but there is a major tear through the liner in the deep end that was either the culprit or damage from the cover falling in.

Any advice on what to do with this until spring? I'm on the hook for a new liner and cover for sure but is there anything i can do to mitigate any other damage or just leave it until all the snow melts and then call an installer to look at it.

Also, any recommendations for installers in the CT area?

Thanks!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender1.jpg
    FullSizeRender1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 69
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 69
There isn't really anything you can do at this point. The liner is going to need to be replaced. You will want to deal with it fairly early in the spring, but not really anything you can do before then.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.