Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: valve layout

1. Back To Top    #1

valve layout

Pool design is coming to a close and we'll be starting construction soon! Below is my layout for plumbing and I'd really appreciate if you'd have a look and offer up your thoughts on what we're missing or just flat have wrong lol. I'm targetting the omnilogic base which can control 4 valves without expanding. I figure the remaining manual valves being manual are no worry since those shouldnt be adjusted very often.

Plumbing diagram small_Page_1.jpgPlumbing diagram small_Page_2.jpg
    19k inground w/raised spa, Hayward Omnilogic, Tcell-15, Tristar 1.85hp VSP, 250MBtu heater, C4030 filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: valve layout

I assume the bubblers are in the pool, not the spa. If so, you want the valve that splits off to the bubblers on the pool side of the first return valve, not the spa side. You always want the first valve after the SWG to pick between pool and spa, and do any more specific splits after that. If the bubblers are in the spa, then ignore this comment.

Other than that, everything looks good.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, the bubblers are on the sun pad, opposite side of the pool from the spa with a spillover. So, while the spa is in spa mode the bubblers will be off. Since both of these valves are automated I didnt think it'd make much of a difference but it sure sounds more logical to split pool/spa first then anything else. See revision below.

He Jason, by the way thanks bud...I think you've responded in every single one of my threads
    Plumbing option.jpg
    19k inground w/raised spa, Hayward Omnilogic, Tcell-15, Tristar 1.85hp VSP, 250MBtu heater, C4030 filter

4. Back To Top    #4

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Is that typical for a heater bypass? I mean if you open the bypass valve won't water flow through both the heater and the bypass? Don't you need a way to stop flow through the heater.
    Thanks
    Building: 30'x15' freeform w/spa and waterfall, 16k gallons, AA Quikclean in-floor cleaner and Quikskim, Pentair Easytouch 8 w/IC40 SWG, Intellabrite lights and bubbler, Sta-rite Intellipro VS, Sta-rite 2HP Waterfall pump, Sta-rite 400k gas Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

There are various reasons to plumb a bypass, most of them are not troubled by a little (or a lot) water going through the heater. It is only if you want to disconnect the heater for servicing that you would want to be sure it was completely shut off.