Need help with leaking pool

Tcw2u

Jul 8, 2014
Honolulu, HI
I am having a leak problem with my 20k gallon tile pool. I contacted my local pool repair shop and they recommended letting the water leak down until it stops to determine where the leak is. Looks like it is at the skimmer level where the lines attach to the skimmer box. I also did the food coloring test and looks like one of the 2 skimmer holes might be the culprit. The problem is I cannot see exactly if there is a crack or a hole in the line. If I can see where the damage is I was going to try pool putty to seal it. Any advice on how to proceed?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425832299.505008.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1425832345.923916.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1425832366.330713.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure what advice you are looking for. You need to positively identify the leak, of course, and then pool putty or any type of epoxy might be a good fix, depending on how much movement there is in the repaired area.

If there is movement at the crack, it will be very difficult for the fix to be anything but temporary.

Are those ceramic tile around the waterline?

Yes those are ceramic tiles. I was hoping to get advice on how to pinpoint the leak inside the skimmer line as it is tough to see in there and feeling around the area didnt show anything definitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.