Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Attached spa to pool air button question and heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Attached spa to pool air button question and heater

Hello! I am a new home owner in southwest florida. We just bought a beautiful home that has a 40 by 20 pool with an attached spa. On the ledge of the spa there is a hole that had a black suction like button and a hole that seemed to be a tube. I believe that when the button when sealed is pressed it activates the spa blowers when the valve is properly positioned. Since the button isn't sealed it does not work and I believe bc of our heavy rainy season there may be a lot of water in there. How do I fix this issue so the air is blowing with the button?

There is also a Hayward electric spa heater by the pool pump. House is 7 years old. When you turn the heat on the red light doesn't turn on. There is a breaker attached to the home outside and we flipped it and still no light for the heater. Any ideas? I'm new to having a private pool and spa and trying to figure this all out. Please help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Attached spa to pool air button question and heater

Welcome to TFP!!!

I think it might help some people understand your question if you were to add some pictures of this button and tube.

Also, Please add your pool details to your signature and as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah I would but I haven't moved in yet so I'm not sure. I guess I'll wait until move day. But as far as the ledge of the spa there is a hole that has a tube and a black cylinder almost like a 2 inch circumference goes over the hole and it pushes air to the spa jets controller by the pool pump about 50 ft away. Is there a way to clear that out?
    13000 gal IG
    Hayward pump 1 1/2 hp
    Hayward star clear plus filter system (DE)
    Attached spa
    Covered lanai

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Good Day, I would have all the pool equipment professionally inspected for proper working order before moving in.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

5. Back To Top    #5

I finally closed on house. The heater for spa does work when the water is switched to spa only. My question now is how do I operate this pool pump?

I don't know what to keep open or closed. Haven't found much help on google either . I have it set on a timer once a day for 5 hours. But I don't know what valves to keep open or what not. Any help appreciated!

Matt
    In-ground pool
    20000 gallons
    Hayward pump
    Attached spa
    13000 gal IG
    Hayward pump 1 1/2 hp
    Attached spa
    Covered lanai

6. Back To Top    #6

Is that tiny little thing a heater for the spa? Is it meant for pools?

The valves to the right of the pump are the suctions valves. The big grey one switched between pool and spa. Looks like spa mode in the picture. Normally you would leave it in pool mode. The 3 valves choose where you have suction from. If you are not using the cleaner, then I would fully open the skimmer (it is mostly closed in the picture) and slightly open the main drain. If you are using the cleaner, then I would fully open that and partially close the other 2 until the cleaner has the right amount of suction.

The big valve in the back is on the return line to select between the pool and the spa. You should NEVER have it in the position shown in the picture because that is blocking all the flow.

That tall white thing is for chlorine tablets ... we do not recommend you use those unless you understand all the things they change and actually need those things.

Have you discovered Pool School? Start with these:
    ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Jblizzle thank you! I did shut the breaker off to the pool pump so it will not kick on until this weekend when I take what you shared with me and my dad comes over . I do really appreciate it. And the little grey white box is a Hayward spa heater only. I'll get to that one day were in swfl
    13000 gal IG
    Hayward pump 1 1/2 hp
    Attached spa
    Covered lanai

8. Back To Top    #8

Update. I did figure out how to operate the pool pumps and it is working great thank you! Below is a picture of the pool, I am going to bring a sample down to the pool company but was wondering what is the easiest way to get the algae out. When I brush it the green comes right up In a cloudy white dust.
    13000 gal IG
    Hayward pump 1 1/2 hp
    Attached spa
    Covered lanai

9. Back To Top    #9

Does anyone know about Hayward spa heaters? I turn on the breaker and have spa to spa flow only thru pool and it makes a buzzing noise but no heat. Looks like a ground wire is connected from heater to pump to the ground under the ground.

It is electric and I kept checking the flow into the spa from the jets to see if it would heat up and nothing happened. Stumped!
    13000 gal IG
    Hayward pump 1 1/2 hp
    Attached spa
    Covered lanai

10. Back To Top    #10

The pool needs vacuuming. How you have a manual vacuum?

On the heater, have you tried turning the knob as far as it can go towards hot?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Yeah the pool is crystal clear. Now I'm working on spa heater.
    13000 gal IG
    Hayward pump 1 1/2 hp
    Attached spa
    Covered lanai