N Texas Waterfall/slide pool

Aug 20, 2013
Allen, TX
Some shots while I dream about having the whole summer this year to just hang out. Well and do some landscaping finally.. and maybe build a covered bar area.. ok mostly hang out tho!
7e89d140f578deedf33a8ddfc83631f3.jpg

22,000 IG Pool, Spa, Jandy 2.0 Stealth VS, LXi400N Heater, Jandy 460 filter, grotto waterfall/slide

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is awesome!
The amount of work that gets done in our yard is inversely proportional to a very complex algorithm combining pool temp, beverage temp and air temp. The higher that number goes the lower the work output goes. Eventually it reaches a zero point where we immediately just get beverages and floaties and head straight to the pool and don't even try to act like we are going to do some work.

Thanks ya'll! I really wanted to post during the build but it turned out to be more frustrating than building our house. I liked my builder really and didnt trust myself to keep cool enuf to do that. The house was alot of quality control issues but minimal delays. It took longer to build the pool (!) and we had to make them rework alot of things until spouse was happy. The weeping wall took 3 times to get it right but to their credit they kept at it until he liked it. Many nights I read him others' frustrations and their approaches from this site to calm him down. Just seeing that others go thru the same things (delays.. and why does no one use levels and measuring tools? LOL!) helped immensely to get thru this!

22,000 IG Pool, Spa, Jandy 2.0 Stealth VS, LXi400N Heater, Jandy 460 filter, grotto waterfall/slide

LOL Pooldv, you are so right, some days are like that but since pool was just completed mid summer, we really have to get some landscaping in this summer. I so want a banana plant by the slide, etc but the slide was not completed until right at labor day and they were still trampling around there. Actually it was finally tested at the adult time portion of LD party by one overserved brave soul and found to be working quite well! The children were so mad we let some test it the next day but they will finally get to officially use it this summer. We are blessed to have a big neighborhood family (18 years we have all hung together) that we really wanted to add our own to the party pool options and just having an outdoor area has been so nice.
Keep your dreams folks and hang in there, one day it just finally works out. What they say here about about all the frustrations going away when u are laying poolside really is true. Its starting to fade more and more and we are getting so much use out of it- just having a patio makes me so happy!

" I so want a banana plant by the slide"[/COLOR

I'm a banana tree master! (well, almost). They are easy to grow but need lots of sun, water and fertilizer. Give it to em and they will grow like crazy.
Plant 3 of them about 3-4 feet apart in a triangle pattern and you will have a nice banana grove before you know it.

Cool! Thanks for the info Dave. I just see a great space there for some big tropical plant like banana tree plant or some kind of palms. Most palms dont do well in our winter weather but my neighbor's banana plant always survives. We'll see if I can actually grow something anyway.. haha!

" I so want a banana plant by the slide"[/COLOR

I'm a banana tree master! (well, almost). They are easy to grow but need lots of sun, water and fertilizer. Give it to em and they will grow like crazy.
Plant 3 of them about 3-4 feet apart in a triangle pattern and you will have a nice banana grove before you know it.

Which ones do you suggest or which one is best tasting? I'm about to start my landscape design and definitely would like to throw one or a few in the mix. My pool is enclosed but I should have around a 10+ foot clearance for the tree(s)...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.