N Texas Waterfall/slide pool

BEAUTIFUL!!!! FYI, I read somewhere that banana plants roots are very invasive and shouldn't be planted close to a pool - I have no idea if it is true or not - but thought I would throw it out there just in case.

Hi ffournier.. do post some.. would love to see it! I was going to go with stacked stone spillover but spouse talked me into the river rock and so glad he did. Never thought about the sound but the sound of it going over the rocks is soo relaxing.. I love it!

We went with Tahoe blue stonescapes and while spouse wishes it were a bit darker.. I think it goes well and the color varies with light/shade.

Thanks for the info Sunbaby.. I will def check that out first! I know you and my other fellow texans are struggling with the crazy rains during your builds but hang in there! Ours went thru winter with snow & ice days.. and it truly drug on forever, so I feel for you all. That part is so hard.. ugh but summers comin and soon you'll be lazin round your pool too like me! I tell myself anything that has to be done inside.. can be done after dark! :)

22,000 IG Pool, Spa, Jandy 2.0 Stealth VS, LXi400N Heater, Jandy 460 filter, grotto waterfall/slide

Nice backyard retreat. I escaped all the build woes by getting lucky and finding a house with the type of pool I wanted, that was in good shape, and in the kind of backyard I was looking for (no trees).

Like you, I also enjoy the TV on the back patio - especially during football season!

Thanks Bo.. you were lucky indeed to find just what you wanted! Yep luv watchin sports out there. It is smaller than alot of other ones here but it sure is my little retreat. I rush home from work and just find stuff to piddle around with - brushing, chemicals etc - ha but I enjoy that and some more improvements/projects this summer hopefully.

22,000 IG Pool, Spa, Jandy 2.0 Stealth VS, LXi400N Heater, Jandy 460 filter, grotto waterfall/slide

If you want palm trees....you can IF you pick ones that will live through our winters in North Texas. Windmill palms, needle palms, and Pindo Palms can all be grown here. I grow all three. Just dont plant a Mexican Fan Palm. They can be purchased around at HD and Lowes, but they don't fair too well with our winters.

db64c8d6d401d8aa46dd8b5ba6ce0eef.jpg

Think we used almost all the pool toys today!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yep the kids did like it.. it's been actually nice in the pool today! Yeah I do pretty much check PH daily.. using pucks intermittently and keeping my TA a little lower helps stabilize it. Lots of good tips I pick up on this forum! Always learning something here !

Aww thanks pooldv.. not quite but workin on it! Got some great teachers here! Loved this weekend when DH said I wonder why a certain neighbor is always draining water down the alley.. we never have to drain! Ha he's finally getting it!

4ffdda7d2e3feaeaee4268ef74b7e091.jpg

Testament to how clear TFP pools are! Swimmer lost diamond earring while swimming with pool full of people. Got everyone out, turned off pump and waterfall and it was immediately spotted by someone standing on the side! No need for divers!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.