Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: N Texas Waterfall/slide pool

1. Back To Top    #1

N Texas Waterfall/slide pool

Some shots while I dream about having the whole summer this year to just hang out. Well and do some landscaping finally.. and maybe build a covered bar area.. ok mostly hang out tho!

22,000 IG Pool, Spa, Jandy 2.0 Stealth VS, LXi400N Heater, Jandy 460 filter, grotto waterfall/slide
    20K gallon IG Plaster. 48sqft Hayward DE filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: N Texas Waterfall/slide pool

Learned to get my water super sparkly from you guys on TFP!!

22,000 IG Pool, Spa, Jandy 2.0 Stealth VS, LXi400N Heater, Jandy 460 filter, grotto waterfall/slide

3. Back To Top    #3

4. Back To Top    #4

5. Back To Top    #5

Love all the lights!

6. Back To Top    #6

Cant beat football Sundays in the spa!! Good times!

7. Back To Top    #7

8. Back To Top    #8

9. Back To Top    #9

Pretty.. but puleeezze go away Winter!!

10. Back To Top    #10

11. Back To Top    #11

Nice backyard and pool. I can't wait for the weather to turn warm too.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

12. Back To Top    #12

Beautiful. I especially love the snowy mountain pic.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

13. Back To Top    #13

What a beautiful space! It wouldn't be at all difficult to hang out there!
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

14. Back To Top    #14

That is a great looking pool and area! I see many great times and lots of fun happening out there!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

15. Back To Top    #15

That is awesome!
    The amount of work that gets done in our yard is inversely proportional to a very complex algorithm combining pool temp, beverage temp and air temp. The higher that number goes the lower the work output goes. Eventually it reaches a zero point where we immediately just get beverages and floaties and head straight to the pool and don't even try to act like we are going to do some work.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

16. Back To Top    #16

Thanks ya'll! I really wanted to post during the build but it turned out to be more frustrating than building our house. I liked my builder really and didnt trust myself to keep cool enuf to do that. The house was alot of quality control issues but minimal delays. It took longer to build the pool (!) and we had to make them rework alot of things until spouse was happy. The weeping wall took 3 times to get it right but to their credit they kept at it until he liked it. Many nights I read him others' frustrations and their approaches from this site to calm him down. Just seeing that others go thru the same things (delays.. and why does no one use levels and measuring tools? LOL!) helped immensely to get thru this!

17. Back To Top    #17

LOL Pooldv, you are so right, some days are like that but since pool was just completed mid summer, we really have to get some landscaping in this summer. I so want a banana plant by the slide, etc but the slide was not completed until right at labor day and they were still trampling around there. Actually it was finally tested at the adult time portion of LD party by one overserved brave soul and found to be working quite well! The children were so mad we let some test it the next day but they will finally get to officially use it this summer. We are blessed to have a big neighborhood family (18 years we have all hung together) that we really wanted to add our own to the party pool options and just having an outdoor area has been so nice.
    Keep your dreams folks and hang in there, one day it just finally works out. What they say here about about all the frustrations going away when u are laying poolside really is true. Its starting to fade more and more and we are getting so much use out of it- just having a patio makes me so happy!

18. Back To Top    #18

[COLOR="#0000CD"]" I so want a banana plant by the slide"[/COLOR

I'm a banana tree master! (well, almost). They are easy to grow but need lots of sun, water and fertilizer. Give it to em and they will grow like crazy.
    Plant 3 of them about 3-4 feet apart in a triangle pattern and you will have a nice banana grove before you know it.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

19. Back To Top    #19

Cool! Thanks for the info Dave. I just see a great space there for some big tropical plant like banana tree plant or some kind of palms. Most palms dont do well in our winter weather but my neighbor's banana plant always survives. We'll see if I can actually grow something anyway.. haha!

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    [COLOR="#0000CD"]" I so want a banana plant by the slide"[/COLOR

I'm a banana tree master! (well, almost). They are easy to grow but need lots of sun, water and fertilizer. Give it to em and they will grow like crazy.
    Plant 3 of them about 3-4 feet apart in a triangle pattern and you will have a nice banana grove before you know it.
    Which ones do you suggest or which one is best tasting? I'm about to start my landscape design and definitely would like to throw one or a few in the mix. My pool is enclosed but I should have around a 10+ foot clearance for the tree(s)...
    25K gal FF; QuartzScapes Barbados Blue; ColorLogic LEDs, ProLogic PS-8, AquaPod, AquaConnect, (3) WhisperFlo 2.5HP pumps, 1HP blower, 3/4HP cleaner pump; Pentair CC 520 cartridge filter; MasterTemp 400 propane, Rainbow 320; UltraPure UV/Ozone; Polaris 280; 7' raised spa by rock waterside; (soon) 62" fire pit, (soon) ODK; 60x40 screen enclosure
    Build - here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast