Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Flow rate

1. Back To Top    #1
    Virginia Beach

Flow rate

I just installed a Pentair Intelliflo pump. I am confused about determining the flow rate at a certain RPM
    The Pentair Pump Performance Chart seems to say that at 2,350 RPM (one of the pre-sets) it does about 90 gpm which in my 26K pool would mean about 5 hrs run time to get 1 turnover
    I was looking on the forum and there were posts that had GPM at that speed significantly less at that speed.

Any help determining what the actual gpm at variuos rpms would be appreciated
    22'x40' IG, Freeform, 26K gal, Vinyl liner pool(2011), three returns plus two step jets, one slide, two skimmers, two LED lights, Stamped Concrete with Aqua PL-Plus Automation panel, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter 500lb, Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell 15 (SWG) Smart Pool Scrubber60 Robotic Pool Vac.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Flow rate

There is no real need to know the flow rate. Just set it to be adequate for what you need done like skimming, etc.

See the article in Pool School about determining pump run time.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!