Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thank you for your help!

1. Back To Top    #1

Thank you for your help!

Thank you to all who contribute to this website! I've begun to switch over to using bleach and getting rid of all the extra chems after reading and studying this site! Have added things like a sprinkler into my plumbing for aeration help with the pH (which was unreadable before I started using your advice).

So I think I'm on the right track. Just added bleach to SLAM the pool, so yes I know my current level is 0 and not ok. The question I wanted to pose is what, if anything, are you all using to clean your cartridges? Like one of those spray on cleaners that you then just rinse back off? Or is this even necessary?

Thanks!
    FC - 0/ TC - 0/ pH - 7.2/ TA - 100/ CH - 0/ CYA - 130
    18' Round above ground vinyl liner pool. ~7500 gallons with cartridge filter and plumbed in aeration sprinkler.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thank you for your help!

Hi,
    Wecome to TFP. Good deal on taking charge of your pool. Once you get the pool sorted, you'll find the TFP method both easy and easy on the wallet.

Here is some info about cleaning a cartridge filter. The author is our resident chemical scientist and knows his stuff!
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...rtridge-filter
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome and enjoy!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP Haynes!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Divin Dave! Great link with good info!
    FC - 0/ TC - 0/ pH - 7.2/ TA - 100/ CH - 0/ CYA - 130
    18' Round above ground vinyl liner pool. ~7500 gallons with cartridge filter and plumbed in aeration sprinkler.