Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaNaut 400 vs Poolvernugen?

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaNaut 400 vs Poolvernugen?

Does anyone know the difference? They look similar and both now made by Hayward.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaNaut 400 vs Poolvernugen?

Hayward bought Poolvernugen. The AquaNaut is the first cleaner based on the Poolvernugen to be released under the Hayward name. I don't know what, if anything, they changed.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I saw one released by Pentair that looks almost the same too ...
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    Hayward bought Poolvernugen. The AquaNaut is the first cleaner based on the Poolvernugen to be released under the Hayward name. I don't know what, if anything, they changed.
    The price! Pool Cleaner is $80-$100 less.
    Doughboy 12' x 20' Saphire semi-AG, Installed 2012
    Waterway 1.5 HP 2 speed, 100 sqft cartridge filter
    Aprox 7000 Gal, Full sun, 85K heat pump,
    TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow....now there are three that look the same or similar. The original Cleaner (poolvernugen) , the Hayward AguaNaut, and the Pentair Warrior. I like the handle on the Pentair unit and the ability to take off the top to clean out debris that has gotten stuck. The Original and I believe the Hayward versions come with three sizes for the throat opening which may be of use. If you filter is dirty you can throat down the size and still get some cleaning I believe.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Newz54 View Post
    The Original and I believe the Hayward versions come with three sizes for the throat opening which may be of use.
    As far as I know, The PoolCleaner does/did not come with interchangeable throats; the AquaNaut does and they can be used with The PoolCleaner (would need to order as replacement part(s) through Hayward dealer).
    22K gal, IG gunite, kidney shaped, built circa 1987. Hayward Sand Filter S244T with Vari-Flo XL multiport control valve. Hayward Super Pump 1.5 hp. TFTestkits TF-100. SpeedStir. The PoolCleaner 2x suction. Municipal water.

7. Back To Top    #7

An interchangeable throat may be a big advantage - particularly for vinyl liners. I discovered that with my vinyl-lined pool, the Poolcleaners suction was not strong enough to maintain enough traction for the wheels' contact with the pool. I am now very pleased with my Poolcleaner, but had to do some experimenting with the tires to get it really screaming amazing. You might read my final post on the thread I started on the subject - Poolcleaner Tires - Any experience with Vinyl??
    Leo In Kennesaw, GA
    Older 40x20 rectangular pool
    38,000 gallons
    Vinyl In-ground - Buster Crabbe
    Pentair Chlorinator - Salt - SWG