Sanitization, water dropping, wack-o levels

dorpo75

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2009
NE Ohio
Hi all,
Used to be a pool owner, moved to a new home and now have a hot tub here from previous owner. It is a 350 gal 2005 Dimension One Spa which I don't even think is made any more. We had some of the hoses replaced last year, but others are still leaking. We add about 6-8 gal water every day or so. We are using mainly chlorine to sanitize, but have also put in dichlor. I am trying to get the levels correct on PH and Ta as well as FC but with the temps at 101-102 and the water replacement, am finding it hard to stabilize. Any advice?

I kept a beautiful pool, crystal clear and clean using the TFP methods and want to do the same with our hot tub but understand that tubs are different than a 13,000 gal pool. I have just ordered replacement chemicals for my TF-100 and am waiting on their arrival so giving numbers at this point isn't really an option that would be viable. Any guidelines or help from the gallery would be appreciated.

Will be updating my signature ASAP.

Smaller bodies of water are always more dynamic when you are doing things to them. Sorry to state the obvious, but this is one simple truth. A hot tub will never be as easy as a pool for a few reasons. Concentration of contaminants, and heat being just a couple. What sort of stabilization problems do you mean?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.