Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Doughboy Entry Steps...Thoughts?

1. Back To Top    #1

Doughboy Entry Steps...Thoughts?

Greetings,

First time poster, long time lurker here. I've been researching for about a year now, and will be getting started with our pool purchase/installation in the next few weeks. We're going to be sinking a doughboy with expandable liner (18 X 34 Autumn Breeze with a 7 foot deep end). I live in North Texas, and I'm still shopping around for the best deal.

My question is about entry steps. I've seen where there are entry steps available for the doughboy that can be used in place of one of the wall panels, like what you would see on an in-ground pool kit.

Does anyone have any experience with these when it comes to maintenance? Are they worth it, and about how much extra $$ was the upgrade. I just want to make sure I get everything I need/want the first time around. (If possible!)

Thanks for everything, TFP is amazing!

-Mandy

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Doughboy Entry Steps...Thoughts?

After speaking with my dealer, apparently the entry steps aren't available with the Autumn Breeze, and I would have to step up to the Copper Canyon. Really don't know if it would be worth the extra $2500. Yuck.

3. Back To Top    #3

try pool steps if you can - easier for you to get in and out of the pool. Best decision that I ever made

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/Confe...CX-AG-CMPL.htm
    Intex Ultra frame 20" x 48"
    SWG and sand filter
    deck - ladder is going away after this summer
    Going to steps hopefully in a few weeks,
    * Little bit paradise in the country *

4. Back To Top    #4

I have the Confer Curve Steps and agree with mjames, they are very nice; though I've found they need to be weighted down or they'll float. I like that they are wider so one of the kids can be seated on a step and not be in the way.
    2013 21,500 Gal. 28' Round AB Doughboy
    DE Filter, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit
    Solar & Rheem 400k heat

5. Back To Top    #5

These are the steps to which I was referring. I'm not sure I was all that clear earlier, sorry!!!

http://www.dixonpool-spa.com/Portals...ry_Systems.pdf

Hopefully the link worked. But like I said, only available on Copper Canyon, and in my opinion, not worth the extra $$$. I'm about to start my build thread. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!