installation new intex pool HELP

book03

Mar 6, 2015
Oklahoma
I am going to buy a new intex pool. (ugh) I don't really want to do that, but having a regulation above ground pool is not in my budget right now. We had a summer escapes vinyl sided one the last 3 summers. Last summer we bought an intex salt system and sand filter, so this year we are going with an Intex pool. I am trying to do whatever I can to not make it look redneck like it has the last few summers. I'm not sure I want to build a deck all the way around since I'm fairly certain we won't be using this pool permanently, because I want a GOOD pool in the next year or two.

Last year we leveled the ground ourselves (not great I know) and put the tarp down that came with the pool. I put cement pavers around the edging of the tarp, just enough to hold it down and then we went on with the pool. The result was grass growing up all around the tarp, the poles of the pool sinking in some places, and the overall pool being fairly uneven in the bottom.

What should I do for this year? I want it to look pretty nice but not break the bank. Should I put foam on the bottom? buy a pad? what? and I need step by step (not on building the actual pool, we're pros at that) but like, level the ground, put the tarp down (or don't) put foam down or put pad down, put the pool up, put pavers under pool legs or don't, etc........ totally overwhelmed and needing HELP

Level the ground and then, level it again. Put some kind of tarp or padding down. Then, you need to place pavers, bricks, wood, or something under each leg and make sure each one is level. As you have experienced, if you do not put something under the legs, they will sink into the soil. Even if it will only be up for a short time, you will enjoy it more if it is done right. Good luck.

Recess the step stones (or what ever you use) under the legs. They need to be level with the ground. If not, it will put strain on your liner and legs.

I recessed the step stones, laid down 2 layers of tarp, pink extruded foam insulation, another layer of tarp. I set the pool feet on the foam, positioned over the stones. Nothing grows up thru and the legs are stable.

When positioning the stones, allow room for the feet to move outward a bit and still rest on the stones as the pool fills up. The weight of the water pushes outward and skitters the feet a little bit. As it fills you'll need to watch and adjust the feet outward a little. You will only be able to shift them a little because the weight of the water will soon make it impossible to move the feet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.