How does it all work?

Just moved to Las Vegas and bought a house with a pool, so I am a total pool noob. The pool is in good shape and seems to have decent equipment (at least from my viewpoint). I have figured quite a few things out, mainly by the posts on this forum. But I still haven't mastered how all the valving works to run the pool and the spa separately, as well as together. How do I heat the spa only? How do I heat the pool only? Etc...The pool has automatic valves and an Easy Touch 4 Control system. I have read through all the documentation as well and while helpful, it doesn't seem to answer these type of questions, at least as far as I can tell.

I have attached some links to pictures for review. If better or more pictures are needed please let me know. Or if there is a post already up somewhere on the forum, or elsewhere, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks to everyone in advance for any help given.

Dennis

pB5Yqag.jpg

goWJSbh.jpg

EYz7zs0.jpg

P6FGiX4.jpg

ekGwAyj.jpg

i0WHPCv.jpg

PGMM8Su.jpg

41FjLva.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP!

If you put the EasyTouch in spa mode (press the valves button, labeled "V") it should heat up to spa temperature. Press V again to go back to pool mode. The EasyTouch should take care of adjusting the valves for you.

To set pool temperature use the left and right arrow keys (bottom left) while in pool mode. The same arrow keys adjust the spa temperature when in spa mode.

Spillway mode on the V button only works in service mode. When active it causes the spa to overflow into the pool. If you wanted to drain the spa for servicing you would go into service mode and then cycle through till you got to drain on the V button.

For normal day to day water circulation you normally program and aux or feature circuit to the spillway and then give it a schedule for one hour a day. Most likely the EasyTouch is already programed to do that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.