Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How does it all work?

1. Back To Top    #1

How does it all work?

Just moved to Las Vegas and bought a house with a pool, so I am a total pool noob. The pool is in good shape and seems to have decent equipment (at least from my viewpoint). I have figured quite a few things out, mainly by the posts on this forum. But I still haven't mastered how all the valving works to run the pool and the spa separately, as well as together. How do I heat the spa only? How do I heat the pool only? Etc...The pool has automatic valves and an Easy Touch 4 Control system. I have read through all the documentation as well and while helpful, it doesn't seem to answer these type of questions, at least as far as I can tell.

I have attached some links to pictures for review. If better or more pictures are needed please let me know. Or if there is a post already up somewhere on the forum, or elsewhere, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks to everyone in advance for any help given.

Dennis

Last edited by jblizzle; 03-06-2015 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Changed URL > IMG tags and added .jpg to end of path
    18k/IG/Intelliflow4/Spa/SWG-Intellichlor/Easy Touch 4

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How does it all work?

Welcome to TFP!

If you put the EasyTouch in spa mode (press the valves button, labeled "V") it should heat up to spa temperature. Press V again to go back to pool mode. The EasyTouch should take care of adjusting the valves for you.

To set pool temperature use the left and right arrow keys (bottom left) while in pool mode. The same arrow keys adjust the spa temperature when in spa mode.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the reply. How do I get the water from the spa to flow out into the pool? It seems the pool is only getting filtered at this point. I changed the valve to "Spillway" and that didn't seem to work...

4. Back To Top    #4

Spillway mode on the V button only works in service mode. When active it causes the spa to overflow into the pool. If you wanted to drain the spa for servicing you would go into service mode and then cycle through till you got to drain on the V button.

For normal day to day water circulation you normally program and aux or feature circuit to the spillway and then give it a schedule for one hour a day. Most likely the EasyTouch is already programed to do that.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

When I am in service mode and I set the valve to "Drain", which I did today, I can't seem to get the pump to come on to empty the spa. How is that done?

6. Back To Top    #6

If the F button on the EasyTouch doesn't work, try the control panel directly on the pump.