Pentair warranty from Amazon

jvrobert

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 1, 2014
Mesa AZ
Hi,

I'm thinking of renovating my system and getting an EasyTouch 4 (or maybe 8)+IC60 salt cell, CCP 520 filter, IntelliPH, and an intelliflow pump put in. Talking to the installers around here their prices come in very high. Based on pricing I can get on Amazon for the equipment, plus labor, I can save ~$3k or so by buying off Amazon and having them install it.

A few questions - is this normal? I wouldn't think the dealers would be getting worse prices than Amazon (or whoever is selling on Amazon).

More importantly - will Pentair honor the 3 year extended warranty if I buy 3+ major pieces of equipment off Amazon and have a licensed dealer install them?

Thanks!

Not all dealers are willing to install equipment that they don't provide.

The warranty coverage issue varies. Nominally the seller of record (which is not usually Amazon) needs to be an authorized Pentair dealer as well as the installer. In rare cases an authorized Pentair dealer will extend warranty coverage because they do the install, regardless of the equipment seller, but most of them won't do that unless you buy the equipment from them. There can be complications. Check with the installer, they are they ones who have to confirm the extended warranty.

Thanks Jason. Now that you mention it I checked and a local place (az wholesale pools) actually has stuff just slightly cheaper (I'd save maybe 80-100 bucks total) and they are an authorized Pentair retailer and say they handle all the warranty stuff so I think I'll go there.
This is my shopping list, does anyone see any glaring issues?

Pentair ScreenLogic2: 522104
Pentair EasyTouch 4PSC-IC40 520593
Pentair Actuator 263045
Pentair 011018 IntelliFlow Pump
Pentair 521377 IntelliPH
Pentair CCP520 160332

Only one actuator? Possible, but unusual.

Otherwise that looks reasonable.

Yeah, just for the rock fountain. The bundles usually come with two, but I can't think of any real use for the second one and the Easytouch 4 I'm looking at doesn't include any, so I figured I just add 1 for the waterfall.

I wish Pentair offered the easytouch 4 + IC60 bundle, I'd rather get an IC60 but can't justify jumping to the EasyTouch 8 or buying everything separately. Guess I can just put the IC60 in a few years after the 40 burns out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.