Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What kind of test strips to use for checking salt level?

1. Back To Top    #1

What kind of test strips to use for checking salt level?

I need to check my salt level, but I am out of strips. I threw the container away along time ago, now I can't remember what brand I used! It was a strip that you put in an inch of water, waited a few minutes and then checked to see how high the streak went on the scale, then you would compare the number to what was listed on the bottle. Can anybody tell me what I used ???

Nancy
    I AM LOVING THE SALT WATER AND THE BBB METHOD! 15 yr old 15,300 gal ABG, with 5 yr old liner, 5 yr old AquaTrol SWG, S220T Hayward Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP 2 speed Hayward Pump, TF100 Test Kit, 11 yr old grandson, 6 yr old grand-quads AND 4 year old triplet grandsons! ~ I AM HAVING FUN NOW!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What kind of test strips to use for checking salt level?

AquaChek White test strips such as found here at tftestkits.com.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"