Bought a slide off of craigslist....

ml504

Apr 12, 2010
Does anyone have any information on this slide? I picked it up for $300 and plan on redoing the gelcoat to a gray color tone. I've just never seen one this tall (roughly 12'). I'm thinking of maybe making a deck/platform with some railing for it because the ladder concerns me with the kids going up it...that's a long way to fall.

348aa51a1bfb3d4cbdc965bdabf312cc_zps208da557.jpg

That's a lotta slide for 300 bucks! I can't see the steps but I'd sure look into putting some non-slip adhesive strips on those like you can get for boats and such. I almost can't believe at that height that the handrails on that don't have a typical cage around them like you would see in a commercial application. That would be much safer than a platform.

Is that your pool or where you bought the slide from? I want to see you slide into that black water :mrgreen:

Does the slide have plumbing/tubes to spray water on the surface?

Mine is not that high but has the same small hand holds at the top ... makes me a little nervous when the kids climb up there.

Definitely not my pool lol. That was the place I picked it up from, they were getting ready to fill it in I believe. I'm thinking of some sort of platform (maybe a 6'x6') where the top of the slide sits complete with handrails so boarding the slide is as safe as possible. Also an actual stair system built out of some PT lumber.

Back to the slide itself, does fiberglass weaken over time or should it be okay just re coating it? There are no cracks that I can find. I also think I may bypass the sprayer system and actually pipe in a water supply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.